USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Any other sidecar chassis work with Harley car?

I am in need of a little assistance. I am in search of a new chassis for my car because I have a shovelhead mount that wont mate with my FLH. I have too much in the car/ paint and other accessories to part with the entire rig but is there another frame that will be a descent fit for my harley sidecar?

I have a Lak sidecar frame from the Netherlands. I have a Harley tub that bolts directly to the leaf spring crossbars same as it would to the standard Harley frame. I got the Lak sidecar frame because it has a suspension on the sidecar wheel. It was not cheap and took a little while to get it but I am happy with it. The mounts are basically the same as the Harley mounts but with a mix of English and metric fasteners. I looked at Liberty but I like the looks of the newer Harley body better. You could probably bolt a later model Harley tub to a Liberty frame if you could find one. I'm sure DMC or Claude Stanley could build you a frame that would work with your tub.

Attached files

Thanks so much for that info and it looks great. I originally asked a few companies about just the frame purchases but didnt have luck. I will look into the Lak frame and DMC again. Thanks again.

I asked Liberty to sell me a frame to put my later model Harley tub on and they declined. There is an interesting website from Germany with a lot of different manufacturers of sidecars for Harleys. You may find something else there. http://www.v2-gespanne.de/index.html Click on "pictures".

Great website! I particularly found this to be very interesting:

Attached files

Yeah, there are a few interesting front end treatments on those bikes. DMC makes a trail reducer similar to that for Suzuki v-stroms and maybe other bikes too.

Thanks everyone. DMC Sidecars has helped me with my frame. I love this site and all of the help that is here.

IndSlim - 7/8/2016 9:38 AM

Great website! I particularly found this to be very interesting:

That sure looks interesting