USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Any Interest in a September rally in the UP?

If there's sufficient interest we have been invited to hold a regional rally at Big Snow Resort near Ironwood, MI.  It's a big place with a hotel and rental condos.  Rates are good, basic weekend rates are about $78 and you get a third night free.  There's food and a bar on site as well as an indoor pool.  The "UP" is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and riding in the UP is incredible.  There are plenty of paved roads and all the off road that you'd like.  The resort is about 11 miles east of Ironwood, MI.

If we keep it simple, the cost would be low.  If you want it fancy, the cost goes up but that's up to what the group wants.  Right now their website is all about snow but it's worth taking a look.  http://www.bigsnow.com 

Reply to this post if you're interested.  If we get a good response we'll make it happen.

A

Al Olme Minneapolis, Minnesota

I have a ride in Sept. But if timing is right yes.

I'm interested too.  I think that ride may fit into our schedule.  We've ridden around the top of Lake Superior, but haven't done much along the south shore.  We've ridden MI-28 and U.S. 2, but Lake Superior can only be seen from about Marquette to Munising on MI-28 and not at all from U.S. 2.  My road atlas shows a number of scenic routes in the area.  That far north the leaves may even be changing color.

I'm interested. Some of the Chicago motorcycle groups have taken rides up there. It would be nice to have a sidecar event there.

Mark Segraves

Chicago, IL

We probably would be interested.  

Put me down.  I've been there to ski.  

Dave USCA president

Man............I'm so ready for a Looooooooooooooooong ride.  After all the cancelations I'm in.