Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Any idea of value

I am looking at a 1999 BMW 1100GS with a mid 2000's Ural sidecar attached. The sidecar is loaded with almost all the Ural accessories available
including an electric motor to raise the sidecars frame up when traversing extreme off road conditions.
The bike has 48,000 mile and appears to run out just fine.

The owner is asking 10K

I dont see it bringing that much.

Don

Attached files

IMHO, the sidecar with all that stuff is worth $1000 to maybe $1500 IF the buyer wants all the accessories. I would only want a couple of them and wouldn't want to haul away the rest. But, that's a matter of taste. You also have to watch out for frame modifications in a sidecar that has been fooled with that much. Good mods might add to the value and bad ones could make it worthless.

After that, look in Kelly for a price on the bike. Then do the addition.

Thanks Al. I agree with your assement.
It does have a lot of junk on it.

Don, do you know who built the rig? If it was Freedom Sidecars in PA, call Claude and discuss it with him. Can PM you the phone number if you need it.

Without more details is difficult to assess the value of this rig. What mods were done and by whom? A lot of GS owners have poured thousand of dollars of upgrades into their rigs. This might be one of those rigs, or not.

You are not new to sidecars, but might be new to GS's. Ask a fellow member to check out the rig if you are still on the fence about it.

Also it depends on what or how you want to use the rig. If you don't plan to do any off-roading or forest roads with it, then you are paying for features you really don't need.

I have a 1999 BMW K1200LT road rig that I am selling to get a more adventure type rig. Would trade my road rig for this adventure rig any day because I know where I want to go on the next long trip. A road rig won't take me there.

So consider how you plan to use the rig then buy the features that meet your needs.

Good luck
CCjon

Thanks I'll LL take the phone number of the builder in PA.
I own a 1995 R1100r right now. It was built by Perry',s in Texas.
Let me see what transpires with it. I may consider a K bike rig.
Don

Attached files

Don, will PM you with the number.

By the way, we just got news that Perry Bushong in Ft Worth passed away.

Sorry to hear of his passing. I was speaking with him two weeks ago about this very bike and the problems associated attaching a sidecar to it.
Do you know when he passed and the cause

I like the GMC RV behind!!!

prmurat1 - 3/6/2017 11:49 AM

I like the GMC RV behind!!!

I like the girl in the background! 😀

Donmystic1 - 3/10/2017 11:39 AM

Thanks All,

I ended up buying the Rig.

It was built by Claude Stanley in PA

Don

congrats....knowing who built it, that should have allowed you to negotiate a better price! hahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(jus kiddin Claude!)