Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Any Albuquerque Riders/Hackers

Hi, I'd like to "talk" with anyone from the Albuquerque area. Please e-mail me.

Thanks,

Ron-n-Luke

I am near Santa Fe, not far from Albuquerque. I do not yet own a sidecar, but we do enjoy our '02 HD Road King. If you have questions about the area, perhaps I can be of help.

Hi,

We have lots of hurdles to get over before we can actually move, but right now NM is calling us pretty loudly! The "Luke" in my handle is a 25 year old guy who has severe autism. He was our foster son for 12 years before the good ol' state of Illinois made us give up that in order to get any services for him after he turned 21. We're now his legal guardians. Sidecaring is the one thing in life that always gives him pleasure and certainly your area would let us do it more than back here. But, even with our shorter season, we usually get in about 10K miles a year. Anyway, we need to (1) make sure we can leave IL since we're "just" guardians, (2) clear it - or at least tell - his natural parents, (3) see if there will be services for him in NM, (4) sell a home here, (5) buy a home there, etc.
Gee, wonder if any attorneys are reading this who have oppinions about issue 1.
So tell us about riding in NM. The article in American Motorcyclist last month sure looked appealing even if we don't get off road. Looking at weather data sure suggest that you can ride most of the year.

Best wishes,

Ron-n-Luke

Sorry I can't help with the legal issues, but as far as riding, yep, you can ride pretty much year round. It gets pretty cold in the winter, and it can be VERY windy in the spring (typical in the southwest). Albuquerque gets a little snow, but it melts right off. We do know folks in ABQ who ride to work year-round. The weather this week is admittedly warmer than usual, but it's warm and beautiful, and they're predicting 74 for Friday! There were lots of bikes out and about this weekend. Let me know if I forgot anything!

74? Sigh!!! It's 32 here right now.

Workin' on the legal issues right now.

Thanks for your info.

Ron-n-Luke