Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Angry Buckeys Banner

with all due respect, how does the "USCA" condone the "Angry Buckeyes" Banner at the top of this Web Page? Are we not a non political Organization?
Russell
Bred; born and raised a Buckeye!

fwiw; the Voters of the State of Ohio have spoken. Let the due proccess of the State Constitution prevail.

I didn't see any buckeyes banner angry or otherwise. What are you talking about?

Phelonius

Do you see where the "Go Pro" camera advertisement is located? That's were it is showing up.

~ Russell

Nope!

I haven't seen it either. I suppose the "google" ads are smart enough to feed by location. For example, my screen now shows: 1) Evergreen Safety Council S/TEP, which should be a site sponsor; and 2) Shreveport Coupons by http://www..... on the Ads by Google space. How does google know I'm in Shreveport, LA??

I recall the local fellow at J-n-J Sidecars and Trikes paid for "google ads" and his ad/link would show on our site occasionally, but he eventually dropped the service as he said it did not seem to recruit much business.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

The google ads bring in a small amount of money here to help support the site. We have no control over them but they are supposed to target page content by grabbing information from posts. Ocasionally things show up that are random and not always what we like but that is part of the price we pay for a free website.

I've seen a few I thought were inappropriate, but very few. Sometimes websites can fool the Google Bots. For example, the Biker Chicks ad that popped up the other day may be a motorcycle related title, but it definitely isn't a motorcycle site.

SidecarMike - 3/1/2011 10:38 AM

I've seen a few I thought were inappropriate, but very few.  Sometimes websites can fool the Google Bots.  For example, the Biker Chicks ad that popped up the other day may be a motorcycle related title, but it definitely isn't a motorcycle site. 

And Stay Away from Whitehouse .com it's not a political sight and I may get my you know what slaped just for using the word Whitehouse on here...LOL. Ed

Modelflyered - 3/1/2011 7:02 PM

I've seen a few I thought were inappropriate, but very few.  Sometimes websites can fool the Google Bots.  For example, the Biker Chicks ad that popped up the other day may be a motorcycle related title, but it definitely isn't a motorcycle site. 

And Stay Away from Whitehouse .com it's not a political sight and I may get my you know what slaped just for using the word Whitehouse on here...LOL. Ed

I really like the John Belushi avatar!

Phelonius

Modelflyered - 3/1/2011 7:02 PM

I really like the John Belushi avatar!

Phelonius

Yeah, don't blame the site for an occasional ad. This is the least political website that I visit. I seldom look at the ads anyway....I'm not too sure what the OP here is complaining about anyway since I don't see that particular ad.

Confused in Northern California. :o:-(