Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

And Now, Something Different

I went to the beer store looking for something a little different. I found this and couldn't resist!

Attached files

how about this....

Attached files

I too had to have a 6 pack of the Seirra Nevada Sidecar when I saw it. Drank one, won't drink another. Made beer brats with one. It does make a good display though. Maybe the Hop Harvest will be better, taste wise..... Of course, to each his own.
(I found my original post back on 9-16-2017)

Yea Tom, I gotta agree. While it is good and hoppy, the orange taste is ... off.

Not bad for beer brats...

Fruit flavored beer. Abomination. No other word for them.

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology.

Reardan Tom - 3/3/2018 6:46 AM

I too had to have a 6 pack of the Seirra Nevada Sidecar when I saw it. Drank one, won't drink another. Made beer brats with one. It does make a good display though. Maybe the Hop Harvest will be better, taste wise..... Of course, to each his own.
(I found my original post back on 9-16-2017)

Yeah, Hop harvest is not to bad if you like IPA type beers. I like something a little heavier. I bought Hop Harvest because of the sidecar. And to go along with my bottle collection.
It ya like a good strong darker beer try, "Terminal Gravity" Brewed in Enterprise Oregon if I remember right. ( 9.8% alc.) Yum....Hick, hick. hehe

Great thread—you reminded me of the beer I bought in Laramie, Wyoming on my 2014 Sturgis trip: Myrcenary from Odell Brewing. Great sidecar label. And a good beer to boot!

Myrcenary

Reviewed here: https://youtu.be/rMgccmpiagY (numerous reviews on YouTube, I just picked one)

Attached files

That's awesome Phlaug, and I'll admit to selecting the Sierra Nevada for the same reason. I agree with Valk that fruit in the beer is bad. My theory is it's done to make up for otherwise flavorless beer. My preferred style is Scotch Ale, thick and chewy with not much carbonation. Amongst friends I Say I'm having a pint of used 10w40!

Bone - 3/3/2018 8:18 PM
Yeah, Hop harvest is not to bad if you like IPA type beers. I like something a little heavier. I bought Hop Harvest because of the sidecar. And to go along with my bottle collection.
It ya like a good strong darker beer try, "Terminal Gravity" Brewed in Enterprise Oregon if I remember right. ( 9.8% alc.) Yum....Hick, hick. hehe

I'm not much on IPAs or the darker beers. We've got some good brews right here by Orlinson Brewery. Clem's being one of many. But my personal standard is a good import. All the way from Canada- Kokanee. Unless we're sitting in a Mexican restaurant. Then it's Corona with lime. I can sense your eye roll... lol...

Reardan Tom - 3/4/2018 6:23 AM

Bone - 3/3/2018 8:18 PM

I'm not much on IPAs or the darker beers. We've got some good brews right here by Orlinson Brewery. Clem's being one of many. But my personal standard is a good import. All the way from Canada- Kokanee. Unless we're sitting in a Mexican restaurant. Then it's Corona with lime. I can sense your eye roll... lol...

Haha, yeah I spent 3 months up in BC one summer kayaking every class 4 and 5 river I could find....so I know all about Kokanee 🙂 Since then I have refined my tastes a bit. hehe 🙂