Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

align sidecar

Meant to say was still toed in 2 inches on the 70 glide.

Thanks, Jim

Jim,The rear ball joint needs to be adjusted, try loosening the lock nuts that hold the ball joint,in your case you may need to screw the ball joint all the way IN to shorten the length then re attach the lock nut and check this.This got me aprox. 3/4 toe in no matter what I did I couldn't get any more out of it,now what I did to get more was to disasemble the front lower tie rod from the bike and sidecar.I removed it from the frame fitting and on the inside as you look down at the front of your bike standing in front of it on the left side of the frame fitting I installed 2 washers and reasembled it to push the car frame away from the bike,this got me another 3/16" JUST BE SURE YOU RECHECK,MEASURE AND TIGHTEN EVERYTHING. My reason for the 9/16" toe in was after I had 3/4 I was still going thru rear tires every 2500 to 3000 miles toed in at 3/4 and leaned in out and every ware in between.Now the 9/16" got me just about 6000 miles it was also leaned out 1/2 deg. and I also have HD adjustable trees on the front end I could run the rig down the road with hardly no pull to the left or right.This is a lot of work but it did work well for me. My last road trip with that rig was to the USCA Missouri National Rally with a stop at Branson MO. first then to ST. Joe and back home was close to 3000 miles and the tire still looked new with no problems.......well there was the clutch cable adjuster that loosened up in the MO. mountains but we won't talk about that.