Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Adding a passenger rear view mirror to Side Car

My wife says she would love to have a rear view mirror on the sidecar rig. Being the SECOND BEST WRENCH IN THE WORLD (everybody else on the planet is tied for first) I thought I might throw this out there to those who have already done some trial and error. Don't laugh at my first question (BTW the sidecar is a Ural) should I hang it on the left side or the right? I'm guessing the right. Has anybody else done this with a Ural? If so, how, and what type of mirror did you use. Appreciate any wisdom any of you would care to share.

A hopeless wrench North of Chicago (but I am HELL with duct tape)

TIA,
Dr. Raoul Duke
AKA The Circus Bear
AKA Jim Kelleher

I suppose you could mount one on each side :). Most people just have one on the right. I would think an MGB or Spitfire mirror would work. Look for something with a flat base and screw mounts. Use the gasket as a pattern and drill two holes. Otherwise, J.C. Whitney sells a door edge clamp-on mirror that might work on the top edge of the windshield. Does Whitney still have a showroom down there? Maybe you could stop in and compare. 🙂 Better yet, get her one of those spotlights with the mirror on the back. Then she can use the mirror by day and shine deer at night.