USCA Sidecar Forum

WE CONTINUE TO BE HIT BY PHISHING ATTACKS. THE SITE HAS NOT BEEN “HACKED”, THEY ARE JUST PICKING UP INFO THAT IS IN THE OPEN. PLEASE BE EXTRA CAREFUL AND DO NOT RESPOND!

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

added weight

Learning to ride with a light car is fine, but no matter how much experience and training you have, there will be those moments when a fast maneuver to the right will be needed, and the more ballast you are carrying, the better (faster) you can maneuver the rig. It's not so much an issue of how well you can handle the rig when the car lifts as it is just simply having MORE right turn control in a crisis BEFORE it lifts. Once it's lifted, you can't turn any harder, so with more ballast you can turn harder BEFORE it lifts.
I ride with a 114lb steel slug in mine all the time when I don't have a monkey, but my bike is extremely heavy (960lbs).

Thanks for all the great advice, i like the weight on the leaf spring,bags of led shot should work great also .I'm in NH and don't know of any classes in this area.It would be great to find one . Thanks again to all

I don't know where in NH you are, but I'm in Billerica MA. Training Wheels runs step classes.

http://www.trainingwheelsonline.com

I am trying to get them to schedule one in their Bedford location, not too far from the NH border. If you are interested call their office and ask to take a step class in Bedford. I think they are very close to having enough people to schedule it.

when i was still driving older RWD cars into the 90's snow tyres + weight were needed in Pa winters. i picked up several bags of cheap steel shot in 25 lb bags that take little room. they come in hand making adjustments when rider weight is called for. glad i kept them after retiring, no job so snow is no biggie, just put another shovel of coal on the fire + relax!!!

Just to add my 2 cents. Got the idea from "Foodog" on this forum I use sand put into smaller plastic bags that I put into some inexpensive tool bags. each ways about 25 lbs. Easy to transport and no mess.

I've always used 25 pound bags of buckshot, you can get them at your local gun supply store.

Rotometals.com has lead in Verious forms. I'm thinking either the recovered led ingot or the unwashed lead shot in ammo cans. The 50# of sand in a duffle bag I'm using now seems a bit bulky.

http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/leadshotreclaimaird.htm

hi, Dave do you know how much that part weighs ?

The Harley accessory weight is around 40 pounds. Dimensions are approximately 12"x4"x3".

Thanks!!