Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral Discussion: Sidecar FAQabs or no abs
Please to create posts and topics.

abs or no abs

I am going to purchase an 09-10 flhtcu and was wondering about the abs with a sidecar. Kinda thinking it would be an advantage of not having abs to tie into the existing brake system but none of the dealers I've talked with are knowledgeable about sidecars and the abs. Factory says contact them regarding abs but no dealer has done so yet. Any help or suggestions are appreciated, Thanks

Contact the Harley Davidson Customer Support Group. Address available from the Company website. They are good about researching and getting back to you with their recommendations.

Lonnie

I had a rig with ABS on the bike, none on the sidecar, it worked fine even in the snow. Was a BMW and the sidecar brake came off the the front brake. The bike was a GS model and I could switch off the ABS, but I left it on most of the time. If it's a good ABS it will help the resale. 🙂

Switching off the ABS would be good in deep sand and deep mud. Keeping it on would be good most of the time.
1985 I was at Lukas "knight of darkness" trying to convince their chief engineer to become a test rider for their hydraulik ABS.
Unlikely they didn't want to give it out of the country.
Sven