Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

A new view --

After many years of riding  sport touring; naked; dual sport motorcycles I find myself on 3 wheels more often now than 2. Covering the same roads on local day rides I find my pace far less frantic. With more time to look around I am seeing many things previously missed or getting some extra attention - especially now with the trees shedding their leaves. Houses back off the road; maybe an interesting car/truck/tractor. The Blue Ridge Parkway is especially good for a nice leisurely paced ride - and less chance of a speeding ticket ! 

deadhawg, Thane Lewis and Fpalbrecht have reacted to this post.
deadhawgThane LewisFpalbrecht

Shhhhhhhh, the pleasure you discovered in going off-center on three wheels is the best kept secret in motorcycling. Let the newbies keep thinking three wheels are for when you can no longer hold up two wheels...  leaves more room on the less traveled backroads for those who know and can appreciate the ride we enjoy.

Trying to explain the joy of sidecaring to a two wheeler is like trying to explain motorcycling to a non-rider.  Can't be done. You just have to experience it. 

Give thanks you found this new secret pleasure that's still legal. Enjoy it for all its worth.

CCjon

1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc