Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

84 goldwing 1200

found a 1200 goldwing with only 45k
in real nice shape older gent only onwer cant ride it enerymore

how hard is it to put my velorex 565 on it

The frame is still accessable on the 1984 GL. As are mounting points. Soon after 1984 the GL's added weight and were completely covered with plastic bodywork. No longer suitable companions for any of the Velorex models.

L.

by the time i got to see this bike the gent changed his mind.
he couldn,t part with it
was in nice shape for a 84

Look for a 1982 or 1983 GL1100. The 1983 is voted by many riders, Wingers (and others) as the best of the Goldwings ever.
The 1984 1200 was a changeover model that came with problems as most changeover vehicles do.
An '82 or '83 is a better choice for a trouble free tug. Change timing belts every 50K or so and they'll go forever.

L.

I agree that the GL1100 is a better bet, I put 150K on one with a sidecar, I would go with a bit heavier stronger sidecar then the Velorex if it were me. One nice thing about the GL1100 is that when we do get used sidecar hardware in such as automotive wheels and leading link front ends, we get more for the GL1100 then pretty much any other bike. The GL1100 works out well as a sidecar bike, we like to use a sub frame for the rear lower mount as if you just go to the main frame with the mount you end up with the rear mount higher then the front mount, when the rear mount is higher then the front mount when you adjust lean out, it causes you toe in adjustment to change in the wrong dirrection so if you have a pull to the right and you add a bit more lean out to make the pull go away, you end up reducing your toe in some making it want to pull more to the right. Our sub frame replaces the center stand and goes under the muffler.
Jay G
DMC sidecars.
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30