Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

28th USCA National Rally-Beaver Arkansas

Page 1 of 2Next

The 28th Annual National Rally will be held July 13 to 16,2006. Northern Arkansas has some great roads to ride and the campgrounds are on the White River in the Table Rock Lake narrows. Time to start planning!!

BELLISSIMO!!

Piero Bassi
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Great! Do you know yet if there will be RV camping onsite or should we start looking for local campgrounds?Thanks.....

RV camping on site. check out this thread towards the bottom - lots of links to explore:

http://www.sidecar.com/megabbs/thread-view.asp?threadid=1895&posts=16

We have a new Rally page with lots of pictures and information. Also available is a downloadable registration form or you can register online and pay using paypal. A link on the top banner is available or click here:

http://www.wardwood.net/rallyhome.htm

Hope to see a bunch of you folks there!

We have stayed in Eureka Srings at the Pine Top Lodge it is a great motel and really frendly to bikers, the owners are great people and good rates. Phone number is 1-877-705-0641.

NEW Beaver Town Park Web site. Great info about the 2006 rally site....

http://www.beavertownrvpark.com/

If you have a RV definitely check this section!
http://www.beavertownrvpark.com/location.htm

Folks the historic bridge that crosses to Beaver is 10T (20,000lb) limit. It is 12'0" wide and not a fraction more! The above link gives direction advice to RV travelers

Hi people,

I am looking forward to the up coming National Rally and it is not that far off. This will be my 1st and hopefully not my last. But because it is my 1st I do not know what I am doing. Oh that is not a new thing most of the time I don’t. lol.

What I need help with now is how I reserve a tent site. I called the park and the lady I talked to was nice but did not know much.

If I have this right it is only 57 days away.

Hi Richard. I think you are pre-registered so that part is paid for and included in that is your camping fee. Now we pretty much just let tent campers put up their tent anyplace they want. So I guess I'm trying to say there isn't any need to reserve, It is first come, first pick on tent spots.

Hi all.
We planning ???????? to attend. Is it any day-by-day plan of activities?
Hope to bring 8-years old twins(boy & girl). Wonder will they have a company? Is it a showers at the campground? Will it be some place for campfire? Thank you. Vlad.

Here is the Rally Schedule -some things may still change but it is close to final. Showers are available on the campgrounds and we plan a nightly campfire.

Rally Schedule

Thursday July 13, 2006
6AM Coffee is on-Sponsored by Bob’s BMW
10AM Registration opens for early arrivals
ALL DAY Self guided rides-Information available
6PM Weiner Roast-Rally Welcome and Announcements
8PM Campfire

Friday July 14, 2006
6AM Coffee is on
9AM Registration opens
10AM Guided ride – Jim Kiester
11 AM Lunch ride and shopping in Eureka Springs
3PM Sidecar Technical session/discussion: Piero Bassi 3PM Children's Program, Main Pavilion Alice Mattson
5PM Great Passion Play-Self Host
8PM Meet and greet around the camp fire

Saturday July 15, 2006
6AM Coffee is on
9AM USCA Board Meeting
10AM Registration open
10:30AM Sidecar Technical Session-Mike Wagner
11:AM Deadline for Awards Application
1PM Sidecar Games – Beth Mattson
2:30 PM Show and Shine
3PM Claim Awards
6PM Catered dinner and general meeting
8PM Ice cream ride
8PM Camp fire: Entertainment

Sunday July16,2006
6AMCoffeeSnacks 8AM Worship ServiceCMA
Ride home

Just a reminder- Pre-registration closes tomorrow 6/22/06. If you'd like to save a few bucks you can either register using pay pal or have your form postmarked by the deadline.
This is going to be a good one!

Hello, Do you need any food vendors there?

Patrick, we have a food vendor lined up. I really think one will be enough.

Originally written by Joyce on 6/22/2006 11:35 AM

Patrick, we have a food vendor lined up. I really think one will be enough.

Unless it's one of them Hot Donut Carts! :0)

3 rooms at the Island Motel 1 mile from the Beaver City Park 4 miles north of Eureka are now avalable move fast they won't last.

all non-smoking rooms:

1 single bed king
1 two bed queen
1 two bed double

I decided to rent a condo/home on the island for the rally...
Island Motel --- Holiday Island, AR 72631 --- 800-874-1331 --- himotel@ipa.net

A BIG thank you to the following folks who are making this Rally Special for all of you.

SPONSORS/DOOR PRIZE DONATIONS-

Hack’d Magazine/Sidecar Magic Shoppe
PO Box 58
Buckhannan WV 26201
2 coloring books
2 T-shirts
3 subscriptions to Hack’d
3 do-wraps
3 caps

Lonnie Cook
Northwest Sidecar
7211 67th Avenue NE
Marysville WA 98270
XXL Joe Rocket Phoenix Ballistic Riding Pants

United Sidecar Association 3 Memberships

Tina Mason
Operating Technical Electronics Inc.
1289 Hemphill St.
Fort Worth TX 76104 817-288-2600
2-2Amp Wall Mount Battery Doc with Kit
1-1Amp Wall Mount Battery Doc with Kit
10-12V-2 LED push button battery tester

Wagner’s Cycle Shop
1991 Hwy 70
Bonnerdale AR 71933
$75.00 Check-Cold Drinks
more to come

Hal Kendall
711 Plainwood Dr.
Houston TX 77079
3-Sidecarist DVD’s with indexes
3-Sidecar Operators Manuals

Jane Downs
Geico Motorcycle
ONE GEICO Landing
Virginia Beach VA 23454
Ink Pens
Key Fobs
100 Bandana’s

Dauntless Motors Corp
21418 SE 436th St.
Enumclaw WA 98022
$75.00 Check-Drinks
2-Driving a Sidecar Outfit Books

Peter Smith
Side Effects
4585 Strawberry Hts. Rd
Kamloops,B.C. Canada
Certificate for a Steerite Conversion-$1200 value

Bob’s BMW
10720 Guilford Road
Columbia-Jessup MD 20794
$100-Coffee snacks
more to come

If you're still on the fence about going to the USCA Rally in Beaver, Arkansas, take a look at this link:

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/Motorcycling/

Arkansas really goes out of their way to welcome motorcycles. They also publish a few tips. They're on their very complete web page but I'll post them here as well.

1. Although Arkansas does not mandate motorcycle helmet use for riders or passengers 21 years of age or older, we strongly recommend wearing DOT-approved helmets as well as protective body wear, boots and gloves.

2. Arkansas summer temperatures can soar above 100 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Centigrade) and fall well below freezing in winter. High temperatures accompanied with highway-speed wind blast can quickly dehydrate riders. Freezing rain, sleet, snow and hypothermia are winter riding concerns. Please ensure you are prepared and have appropriate gear and clothing before beginning your Arkansas motorcycle trips.

3. The same sparsely populated and heavily forested conditions that create excellent riding opportunities provide fertile breeding grounds for deer, opossum and armadillo. Our highways cross their territory and their mothers never told them to look both ways before crossing the road.

4. Ride our curves, but don't exceed your abilities. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department signs clearly signal hazards and state curve speeds.

5. If your motorcycle's reliability is a concern, keep in mind that cellular phones and pagers don't receive signals in remote - and often prime -- riding areas.

6. Think again before passing that pit stop -- it is possible to ride 150 continuous miles on Arkansas's back roads and never find a gas station.

7. Arkansas welcomes motorcyclists but not inconsiderate individuals with excessively loud exhaust pipes. Please respect the right that Arkansans have to peace and quiet while in their homes or businesses.

8. Not everyone traveling Arkansas's back roads are out for a leisurely ride. Allow passing when possible.

The website has a nice (heavy Harley content) video about riding in Arkansas and a brochure with some suggested rides. I wish all states had this attitude towards motorcycles. 'See you in Beaver this time next week!

Joyce,

Wanted to know what the charge would be if people come in on Saturday to look at the bikes? I am not able to go for full rally but may be out for the day on Saturday and wondered if there was a day charge?

Val Mays #7132

Hi Val,
I think Joyce has left for the rally. I would say day passes are real cheap or free. I'm leaveing now from dayton, ohio will be their thur am. You can call my cell sat. am and I can fill you in (937) 554-1817

Page 1 of 2Next