USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

2020 USCA RALLY, MENA, ARKANSAS

Quote from AJ1200 on November 11, 2019, 10:13 am

made our reservations today, for the campers they are starting us at the youth pavilion campground first.

Thank you for the post the PDF is useful.

the PDF came from ccJon

I booked lodging at a Bunkhouse.  I really wanted a deluxe cabin, but they were all reserved for that weekend already.  I don't recall having been in Mena before, though we've been near there several times.  It sounds like an exciting event and we're looking forward to being there.

It has been several years since I flew into the Mena airport with a friend who has a single-engine private plane.  He wanted me along to help navigate.  We were transporting some CMA members to the rally who attended a funeral for friends during the rally.  The airport is really unique for that area.  The runway is HUGE.  I think we could almost have landed crossways on the runway.   The terminal was basically a trailer.   I'm interested in knowing why such a large runway in so remote an area.

signed up for a cabin yesterday.   camper wheel cupping on inside and  outside, leaving it home for shorter trips.  My daughter Kiya and grandson Tucker ( if I can get him out of school ) will be joining me .  stop by say howdy.

Dave USCA president

I wonder why John at the CMA Iron Mountain Campground told me the cabins were all spoken for?

bathroom for mine is 40ft. away.  I called last week he was at home said we would lock it in first thing Monday.   so I guess it's a bunkhouse Don.

Dave

Quote from Tax Man on November 12, 2019, 8:33 am

...I'm interested in knowing why such a large runway in so remote an area.

There are several area businesses refurbishing aircraft:  http://menaairport.com/aservices.php

Might also take a look here for some additional history about the Lil' Ol' Airstrip in Arkansas

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Yikes!  Is Lil Ol Airstrip in Arkansas at all factual?  It reads like a fictional novel in which the locations and names are real, but the story line is invented.

Hi All:

We have reservations also.  Don mentioned flying in to the Mena airport which stirred up some memories from when we lived in Texarkana.  Mena had a bad reputation at that time due to some nefarious activities going on at the Mena airport.  Just for the fun of it do a search on Crime in Mena.  There are 10+ pages of information on what went on.  Just a sidenote.  The Clintons' were involved.  Imagine that!!

Will Short

I made my reservations today.  Got the last pull through.

This will be my first attendance.  Do I need to register with the association?

labill