Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2020 now 2021 USCA RALLY, MENA, ARKANSAS

Page 1 of 7Next

They say the second time is the charm, so here we go... The 2021 USCA National Rally,
the WAH-SHI-TAH Ramble, will be held at the CMA Iron Mountain Campgrounds in Mena, Arkansas the first weekend in June, the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th.

If you registered and paid for the 2020 Rally, you do not have to do anything. The roster and your monies were rolled over to the 2021 Rally. Thank you for being patient and waiting.

For those who have never visited Mena, it is a motorcycle haven known for scenic paved country roads that twist, climb and turn, inhabited by friendly people who are excited to have a sidecar rally in their town. For those who want a little more adventure, the gravel national forest roads will lead you further than your gas tank can carry you.

For those who prefer to watch and shop, the rally is scheduled for the same weekend as Mena's Annual Lum & Abner Crafts Festival. The Mayor of Mena has invited us to hold a Saturday morning parade in downtown and even insisted we hold our Sidecar Games and Bike Show downtown. He and the City Council offered to close off city blocks just so the Mena citizens can see your rigs up close, talk with owners and watch the games in safety.

2021 Rally registration is now open, go to:

https://sidecar.brushfire.com/USCANationalRally2020/460255

NOTE: Ignore any reference to 2020 in the materials, we are working on updating the logo and links. It was more important to NOT lose the information of those who had already registered.

WAH-SHI-TAH RAMBLE

UNITED SIDECAR ASSOCIATION

NATIONAL RALLY 2021

JUNE 3, 4,5,6

IRON MOUNTAIN CAMPGROUNDS

MENA, ARKANSAS

“SOME OF THE BEST RIDING ROADS

AND MOTORCYCLE FRIENDLY FOLKS IN ARKANSAS”

• FREE TENT CAMPING
  • GROUP AND SOLO RIDES
  • GUIDED OFF-ROAD RIDES
  • SIDECAR SHOW/JUDGING
  • DAILY TREASURE HUNTS
  • DOWNTOWN PARADE
  • HACKIN’ GAMES 
  • LOCAL OZARK CRAFTS FESTIVAL
  • COUNTRY BREAKFAST AND DINNER
  • CHEWING THE FAT WITH FELLOW HACKERS
  • GIT’R DOWN n LAID BACK
  • HOSTS: USCA SOUTHCENTRAL DISTRICT

Thane Lewis and Rick have reacted to this post.
Thane LewisRick

When I did a search for "Iron Mountain Cmpgrnd-Mena, Arkanasas", a CMA site came up; is that correct?

Thane Lewis and Rick have reacted to this post.
Thane LewisRick

I thought someone more involved than me would have answered by now but since they have not, I'll chime in... It seems to me that I heard at the C d'A rally a few weeks back that the campground is CMA and they've made it available to us. It also sounds like a great place for the rally.

Rick has reacted to this post.
Rick

2020 Rally headquarters, fresh country air, room to roam...

The USCA is the first non-CMA group they have opened the campgrounds to.  The local CMA chapter has offered to guide on and off-road rides. The Mena Tourism Bureau has arranged for a sidecar parade downtown Saturday morning, plus are closing off a street just for a bike show, judging and games.

Daily activities are planned to challenge and entertain rally attendees.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Deleted user, Thane Lewis and Rick have reacted to this post.
Deleted userThane LewisRick

I know it's still a ways out but we are planning on being there, it sounds like it's going to be a great rally.

taco and Thane Lewis have reacted to this post.
tacoThane Lewis
USCA # 8913

My wife and I are members of CMA and have never been able to get to Iron Mountain for any event.  We are planning on attending the rally and meeting many of you good folks!

Rally planning is progressing nicely. Saturday night Caterer booked, both country breakfasts booked, ice cream social booked, country musicians for Friday night booked, coffee and donuts booked, food trucks can't come to the campgrounds but will be parked in Downtown Mena all weekend. Fun daily activities are planned, mystery door prizes and cash prizes will be given out.

For this USCA Rally, there will be guided miles and miles of off-road rides as well as pavement runs. Bring your URAL if ya got one. We promise plenty of dirt to satisfy your hunger.

Mena's Mayor Seth Smith said to tell everyone to please come on down, everyone is excited to see a gaggle of sidecars. He promised to close down as many downtown streets as we need for sidecar games and bike show. The town folks are looking forward to our rally. Every year they enjoy hosting the CMA Rally with thousands of motorcycles, but never have they seen a sidecar rally.

A number of CMA members have expressed interest in adding a sidecar to their bikes (Manufacturer's take note. Reserve your spot at the rally and boost sales). This rally will have events and activities for everyone, no matter if you ride a hack or still on two wheels.

More details to come as they are confirmed....

CCjon

Photo of old downtown Mena, across from train station.

Uploaded files:
BSchraeder and masegraves have reacted to this post.
BSchraedermasegraves

This sounds interesting . Wife is joining me in retirement this NOV so we could do it. I will need to do some research I am not into camping , got enough of that in the Army.

USCA Friends and neighbors, just a quick heads up.... The same June 4th - 7th weekend as our national rally in Mena, Arkansas is the 19th annual Lum and Abner Crafts Festival. Lodging may become an issue IF you wait to the last minutes to make reservations.

Here is a list of lodging contacts in Mena. There are a limited number of cabins at Iron Mountain Campgrounds, but many RV and Tent camping sites. BUT if you need to be in a full service facility, best make your reservations now.

See you in Mena next June.

Click on the .pdf link below to see the list.

Uploaded files:

made our reservations today, for the campers they are starting us at the youth pavilion campground first.

taco has reacted to this post.
taco
USCA # 8913
Quote from AJ1200 on November 11, 2019, 10:13 am

made our reservations today, for the campers they are starting us at the youth pavilion campground first.

Thank you for the post the PDF is useful.

the PDF came from ccJon

USCA # 8913

I booked lodging at a Bunkhouse.  I really wanted a deluxe cabin, but they were all reserved for that weekend already.  I don't recall having been in Mena before, though we've been near there several times.  It sounds like an exciting event and we're looking forward to being there.

It has been several years since I flew into the Mena airport with a friend who has a single-engine private plane.  He wanted me along to help navigate.  We were transporting some CMA members to the rally who attended a funeral for friends during the rally.  The airport is really unique for that area.  The runway is HUGE.  I think we could almost have landed crossways on the runway.   The terminal was basically a trailer.   I'm interested in knowing why such a large runway in so remote an area.

signed up for a cabin yesterday.   camper wheel cupping on inside and  outside, leaving it home for shorter trips.  My daughter Kiya and grandson Tucker ( if I can get him out of school ) will be joining me .  stop by say howdy.

Dave USCA president

I wonder why John at the CMA Iron Mountain Campground told me the cabins were all spoken for?

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis

bathroom for mine is 40ft. away.  I called last week he was at home said we would lock it in first thing Monday.   so I guess it's a bunkhouse Don.

Dave

Quote from Tax Man on November 12, 2019, 8:33 am

...I'm interested in knowing why such a large runway in so remote an area.

There are several area businesses refurbishing aircraft:  http://menaairport.com/aservices.php

Might also take a look here for some additional history about the Lil' Ol' Airstrip in Arkansas

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Yikes!  Is Lil Ol Airstrip in Arkansas at all factual?  It reads like a fictional novel in which the locations and names are real, but the story line is invented.

Hi All:

We have reservations also.  Don mentioned flying in to the Mena airport which stirred up some memories from when we lived in Texarkana.  Mena had a bad reputation at that time due to some nefarious activities going on at the Mena airport.  Just for the fun of it do a search on Crime in Mena.  There are 10+ pages of information on what went on.  Just a sidenote.  The Clintons' were involved.  Imagine that!!

Will Short

I made my reservations today.  Got the last pull through.

This will be my first attendance.  Do I need to register with the association?

labill

Page 1 of 7Next