Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2019 US sidecar Rally

PreviousPage 3 of 3

I know it may seem like a discount is in order for single days but future rallies may depend on the cash flow. At the current cost, I would consider paying full boat for one day just to promote the hack life. M2CYMMV.

Jeff

Quote from StrongBad on May 29, 2019, 5:43 pm

What about if we can only make it for one day and not all three?  How does that work?

I agree with CCjon. If you're not partaking of any of the activities that cost the club funds and just hanging out and visiting, there should be no charge.

I'm not taking a stand on "day passes" or letting non-sidecar or sidecar curious folks in to look around.  It needs to be remembered that organizing the event, renting the grounds and publicizing the event all cost money.  If we didn't incur the costs that create the rally, that draws the attendees, there wouldn't be the "show", that people want to see.  There is cost to the club that, while not incremental, is real.

We have this discussion every year in one form or another, "Is it fair to the folks who came and paid for others to come to the rally for free?"

Hmmm, maybe we should create a "NON-HACKER" day pass for sidecar-less people to come see, talk and learn.....

USCA rallies are held in places where monitoring or trying to control public access would be next to impossible for a group our size. Look at the number of security volunteers MOA needs to control access at their rally. (And look at what they charge now $$$ for their rally).

The USCA is a family friendly group whose passion is riding off-set three wheels. Hopefully all hackers would support the effort to bring information, shared rides and camaraderie at a national rally by ponying up the rally fee, even if they can only attend for one day. Many may not realize that USCA does not profit from its rallies. Any left over rally funds have traditionally been donated to a local children's support group or charity.

One of the unspoken benefits of rotating the national rally around the country is the amount of money spent by rally attendees in these smaller communities for lodging, food, gas, etc. Local vendors are utilized whenever  possible for rally needs, thus putting more funds into the local economy. Though Couer d'Alene is one of the larger rally venues for USCA, most of our rallies are in smaller communities where a national gathering of any type is unusual and welcomed.

These smaller communities also appreciate the entertainment value a gaggle of sidecars brings.

So I'm trying to finish our planning, as riding our rig up to the rally and back home will be around 3,600 miles while visiting friends and family along the way both to and from the rally.  The entire trip (including the rally) will take us 3 weeks.  It sure would be nice to see some kind of schedule for this event, especially for the 25th & 28th so I can tell friends and family when we will be visiting before and after.

SB, will venture an answer for your planning. Thursday the 25th is sign in, settle in, meet and greet, socialize, maybe work in a short ride in the area. Traditionally on Sunday, the 28th, coffee, snacks and a non-denominational service is offered. Many from the region will head out early to be back at work on Monday. The meat of the rally wraps up Saturday night with the dinner and other planned activities.

Might get my hand slapped for speaking out of school, but hope that helps you.

CCjon

It seems to be the normal schedule of events for the USCA National Rallies.  Still good to know.

Ok thanks, this gives me what I need for planning!

Billie, the Rally Organizer has released the following information on the rally.

"Thursday- meet and greet. If people aren't too tired we will go to public beach at Coeur d'alene for a swim, and walk about down town.
Friday- Get acquainted with rally goers and ride down town for a walk around the longest floating board walk in the world. The antique carousel had just opened after complete restoration and is beautiful and fun to ride. There are many interesting sights around town and lots to see and visit.
We have arranged for discount tickets at Silverwood, the largest amusement park in  the northwest. The tickets are $25 instead of the normal $44 for the entire day. Silverwood has several roller coasters, water slides, water features, and all the normal rides of an amusement park. Also has an excellent restaurant. 
Sidecar games will be on Friday
Saturday: It was arranged for a guest speaker, Eric Ristau, co-author / producer of SIT, STAY RIDE, to make a presentation Saturday morning.  Eric is very knowledgeable about riding with a pet in your sidecar . It should be quite interesting. He will be speaking in the morning, We will ride up to Silver Mountain for a Gondola ride on the longest Gondola in the world. We have arranged for discount tickets for $12 each instead of $28.  
We will have a catered dinner at 6 pm.
Sunday: pack up and head home."
See  you all in Coeur d'Alene in three weeks.

Checked another item off the bucket list, rode the Million Dollar Highway, US-550 from Durango to Montrose, CO. on my way to the rally in Coeur d'Alene.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

A dumb question for sure.  I registered back in May 2019 for the rally and all I have is the PayPal receipt for Rally Fees.  I take it that is all I need for registration.

Nobody registered under the name Cycleman. lol.. I went to your profile to see what your mom called you when she was mad. Only saw "Dave" there. I guess she didn't use all three names like my mom did.... There are a few Daves on the list and it's a safe bet that you're one of them. We'll see ya in just a few days!

Thanks. Actually she called me something worse from time to time.

Dana from Colorado unloads his rig, sets up the tent at the rally.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
PreviousPage 3 of 3