Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2017 Rally registration

The 2017 Rally Information and registration form are now active and available here:

Try it this way.

http://sidecar.com/rally.asp

I have a question( I ALWAYS have questions) . I register as the sidecar owner/driver BUT how do I register my wife who rides her own motorcycle(no sidecar) and my sidecar monkey Aiden who is 8.
Do I register me plus 2 passengers?

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Doug,

Register your wife and Aiden as passengers. You are all part of the same family.

Doug,

Register your wife and Aiden as passengers. You are all part of the same family.

Why do I need to register just to attend this rally? I have already reserved a camp site for this time frame at the rally site. Do I need to register just to come and watch?
I've invited a bunch of people to come and take a look. Do they have to register? If so, they won't attend.

Jan; There is a CMA chapter in Hornell. Looks lke maybe 50 miles away. They are the Solid Rock Riders. Go to cmausa.org,find N.Y. then find locate a chapter. That will come up with contact info. I would suggest contacting them for assistance. J.R.

sparechangeter - 5/1/2017 9:21 PM

Why do I need to register just to attend this rally? I have already reserved a camp site for this time frame at the rally site. Do I need to register just to come and watch?
I've invited a bunch of people to come and take a look. Do they have to register? If so, they won't attend.

Since it looks like no one else is going to respond, I will. You or anyone, who can legitimately be on the campground according the the campground's rules, are free to look around, talk with whom ever and generally enjoy the atmosphere. You are invited to watch the sidecar games but you may not be on the field as that violates our insurance coverage.

If you've made arrangements to stay at the campground we can't hide from you but folks have paid to attend the rally and they will have wrist bands that identify them. If you don't have a wrist band, you can't attend any of the tech events or participate in any way in the rally. If you stand on the outside edge of a tech event to listen in, you will be asked to leave. Since the skills builder is held off site and we have an insurance issue with non-registered observers, you may watch from across the street but you may not enter the property. It costs money for the USCA to put on the rally, we recover part of that expenditure through rally registrations. It really isn't fair to the folks who are supporting the rally for others to benefit for free.

Given those parameters, you and your guests are welcome.

I'm pretty sure you don't like that but I'm also pretty sure that folks who paid for the rally agree with me.

I won't be going to the national this year because it's too far east for me. I will put my 2 bits worth in though... It costs money for any club/group to put on any rally anywhere. The registration fee helps defray costs and registered attendees participate in all the festivities and enjoy the comradarie of old and new friends. I've been to many rallies over the years and never, ever regretted being a registered participant. We always visit with other campers who might be at the same campground and show an interest and they no doubt enjoy the experience but as "outsiders". If you like the feeling of being on the outside looking in, go for it. But you'll miss out on everything that makes going to rallies fun... Seems to me to be a bit like sitting in a park and watching another family's picnic... Much better to picnic with your own family. If you've never been to a rally, go ahead and register, join the fun. It's addictive.

Too far East???? It's a mere 36 hour drive, only 2,437 miles.

In fact, depending on how you look at it, it's pretty close to my travel time. You would only have to put in 3 twelve hour days and I'm planning on taking 3 days as well. My days may be somewhat shorter but I have to go around Chicago in the middle of the night to avoid traffic. I'll be driving just over 1,000 miles but driving around Chicago, mileage counts triple. TLMaryann will be flying in.

But you know how my luck runs... and what happened last year when I only had to go as far as Hotchkiss CO. Never made it. Broke the bike at Kellogg, ID, not all that far from home and had to call for a rescue by my son and grandson. A few years ago I broke down in Nelson BC, rented a U-Haul truck and the 10 minutes it took the guy with the roll back to get my outfit into the U-Haul was $150. Not sure I could afford the return trip from the rally this year. And that's not to say I'm stayin' home though... Two trips to Toad Rock, the latter of those being for the Bigfoot Sidecar Club Rendezvous in July. And hopefully, no rescue required. Hell, I can't even make the 100 mile trip from here to Connell, WA for the UMCI spring banquet without calling a buddy to get my trailer and come haul my butt home. Happened a couple weeks ago.

sparechangeter

What Al said.

Maybe you can explain why you think you - and your friends - should be able to attend something for free that others have paid for.

My 2c

Duncan

2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

It seems that we have some confusion as to what constitutes registering for the Corning Rally. If you fill out the forms on line and don't pay YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED. A word to the wise. If you haven't paid - please do so. Oh yes! Kids 12 and under are free.