Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2017 National Rally

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

Joe,

Since you decided to stay at the EconoLodge, I'm guessing you haven't seen the EconoLodge or read the reviews.

I missed the posting about another rally being scheduled for Ferenbaugh's at the same time as ours. What's the rally and where can I read about it?

Also, what extra cost amenities are there? I missed that too.

Just made our reservations so we'll be heading up from SC.

Bob & Dee

Joe,

I went out and looked at the EconoLodge again. It looks like they are under new ownership and they are getting better reviews. Much better than they were getting when I made my reservations. One really bad review about bed bugs but since there's just one, I'd probably over look it. Looks like you hit the jackpot.

Still can't find anything about another rally at the campground or extra cost amenities, can you fill us in?

It seems that we have some confusion as to what constitutes registering for the Corning Rally. If you fill out the forms on line and don't pay YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED. A word to the wise. If you haven't paid - please do so.

dholaday - 2/28/2017 10:41 AM

Reservation made. See all y'all in July Thanks Duncan

Duncan! Man, it would be great to see you again!

I'm hoping to attend this year but am not signing up in advance as Tulliver and I will be coming back from a three week ride to the BMW Rally in SLC and the TOR Rally in Paonia CO...with a bunch of exploring to do in Utah and Colorado between and after. Then the long trek across the plains and Midwest. If we do make the USCA rally it will likely just be for a day since by then I'll probably miss my other two dogs (and wife) a lot!

Pete

Peter,

Are you going to pick up the BMW RA Rally in Petoskey, MI on the way to SLC? It's the weekend before the MOA.

Al Olme - 6/23/2017 9:53 PM

Peter,

Are you going to pick up the BMW RA Rally in Petoskey, MI on the way to SLC? It's the weekend before the MOA.

No...too close to our Independence Day weekend travel nightmare for me. Also I've learned not to try to cram too much into a single trip. We'll be leaving Vermont on July 7th; camping in Rocky Mtn Natl Park the 10th and 11th before continuing west. After the MOA rally depending on the weather we'll either drop down to Monument Valley via the Moki Dugway (traveling in the relative coolness of the mornings) then to the cooler heights of the San Juans in Colorado...or scoot directly to those cooler heights.

I can sweat. Tulliver can't!

Pete: Great to hear from you - hope you can get to the Rally in Corning.

Loki Dugway is a great ride - You'll enjoy it. But you can expect daily temps near or exceeding 100.

You might look at the thread[s] on last year's USCA Rally in Hotchkiss CO for info on rides and roads in the Paonia area. There are some REALLY good ones. DirtyDR now lives in Hotchkiss and would be a good source of info.

Hope to see you in Corning. Now that I'm living in VA, maybe I can get my keeper to allow a trip to VT for fresh lamb
Duncan
2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

HOT OFF THE PRESS

RALLY IN THE VALLEY
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

THURSDAY July 27th ACTIVITY LOCATION
All Day: Individual Ride Routes Corning Area Maps available
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Open Coffee Water Donut Snack Bar Main Pavilion
3:00 PM - 7:00 PM Registration Open Main Pavilion

FRIDAY JULY 28 ACTIVITY LOCATION
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Open Coffee Water Donut Snack Bar Main Pavilion
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Registration Open Main Pavilion
8:00 AM - 9:00 PM BREAKFAST ON YOUR OWN See Area Restaurant List
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM AREA RIDES Maps available
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM SIDECAR SKILLS Claude Stanley Sign up on-site
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM TECH SESSION Pavilion Central Balancing your Sidecar Weight Al Olme
NOON LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM AREA RIDES Maps available
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM SIDECAR SKILLS Claude Stanley Sign up on-site
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM TECH SESSION Pavilion Central Setting Sidecar Suspension Klaus Hüenecke of EPM Performance
5:00 to 7:00 PM DINNER ON YOUR OWN See Area Restaurant List
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM ICE CREAM RUN Peaches-n-Cream in Painted Post

SATURDAY JULY 29 ACTIVITY LOCATION
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Open Coffee Water Donut Snack Bar Main Pavilion
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Registration Open Main Pavilion
8:00 AM - 9:00 PM BREAKFAST
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM AREA RIDES Maps available
9;00 AM - 10:00 AM Education: Motorcycle Law Glenn McGovern, Attorney
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM TECH SESSION: Pavilion Central "Ask The Experts" Claude Stanley, David "Stroker" Hinze
NOON LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
12:30 PM - 3:30 PM SIDECAR GAMES Near Trailer Camping Area
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM Sidecar Show Staging In front of Campgrounds Trading Post
4:00 PM Sidecar Judging
3:00 PM Door Prize Winning Tickets Posted Main Pavilion
4:30 PM Door Prizes -- Deadline to Claim Your Prize Unclaimed Door Prizes to be awarded at Closing Ceremony
3:00 PM - 4:00 AM USCA Board Meeting Main Pavilion
4:00 to 5:00 PM USCA Membership Meeting Main Pavilion
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM DINNER Main Pavilion Catered On Site
7:00 PM - 7:45 PM Awards Ceremonies Main Pavilion
7:45 PM to 8:00 PM Closing Ceremony Main Pavilion
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Entertainment: Music, Movie, etc? Main Pavilion

SUNDAY JULY 30 ACTIVITY LOCATION
7:00 AM - 9:00 AM Open Coffee Water Donut Snack Bar Main Pavilion
8:00 AM Non-Denominational Service Main Pavilion
9:00 AM Clean-up Begins

I sent in my registration, paid with Paypal, but haven't received any confirmation. What do I need to do to make sure I am registered? Do we need to make separate advance reservations for the campground?

Let's start with what's your name? I'm betting you didn't register under "Beepa" and since you didn't put your whole name [as requested] in your profile, we are at a loss to be of help.

Successful registrations get a return email confirmation if you correctly enter your email address.

So, let us know who you are and we'll try to help.

I am James Bailey, email james.douglas.bailey@gmail.com

I thought I filled everything out well. I have a Paypal confirmation that the money was sent, but nothing from USCA. I also need to know how to reserve a campsite. Thanks for your help.
Jim

Beepa,

Yes, your name shows as registered and paid for the Rally.

To reserve a camping site, contact the Ferenbbaugh Campgrounds directly: (607) 962-6193 OR http://www.ferenbaugh.com

See you in Corning,
CCjon

I reserved site #4 last week. Wifes new sidecar rig is coming along , praying everything comes together so I can get both rigs there. More than likely she will ride it for the first time while at the Rally. But the main reason for building this rig is so we can all 3 ride together when shes having a bad pain day. I keep telling her once she gets used to it she will love it , cause she doesn't have to hold the bike up.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Wellll now. 3 am Monday morning July 24th. Just got home from Willaimsport PA via Tow truck. My Excursion decided to blow out the front transmission seal which streamed fluid directly onto my now extremely hot exhaust y-pipe. They were able to tow both home in one shot so needless to say I won't be joining y'all for the rally. Have fun and take plenty of pictures.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Doug,

First, glad to know that you all are okay and made it back home safely. Sorry to hear about the mechanical problem.

There is always next year's rally, which won't be far from you either. Think west rather than north.

Hi Doug:
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. I had to buy a different pickup to be able to make it to the rally this year - towing a trailer so I understand yur pain. The difference is - I am going to be able to make it to the rally. We are in Gettyburg, PA right now. Do you have someone to bring the election results to the rally?

Hi. We are in a campground 10 miles from Corning.I already told Jon I would help as much as possible J.R.

The 2017 rally is more or less history. The CMA service in the morning. We had 204 we actually came. Some paid but didn't show. It was good.

Next year is at Rising Sun,IN. June 16,17,18, 2018

Had a good time weather other than ride down Thursday morning was good, a tad cool Sunday AM!

Hope everyone makes it home or to next destination safe and dry.

Will give serious thought to 2018 Rally.

Ken

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next