Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2016 USCA Rigs In The Rockies Rally

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next

Thanks a lot for this Bob.

Is there a registration form available for the rally itself or will it be in the next magazine?

I have sent the form in and it will be in the next magazine or so I have been told. I am ready any time the powers that be want to open registration up but I am not sure if they just want me to post up a form and say it is open or if there is some protocol involved that I am not aware of.

This is what the rally t shirts are going to look like, long or short sleeve. They will be Navy blue with white lettering.

Hello group. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Rally. Have enjoyed many of the postings by several of you, here and at ADVRIDER.

I can endorse the Bross Hotel as being a great place to stay with a wonderful breakfast!

Hey Karl, it will be nice to see you at the rally.

Nice first post too.

Another thing while I am thinking about it is the Hotchkiss police. Hotchkiss is a small town and you will notice a very obvious police presence at the rally, do not get paranoid they are just bored. As a matter of fact stop them and say hello they really are friendly.

The first year we had our BMW club rally at the fairgrounds they were through about every half hour so I stopped one and talked to him the next morning. Just happens that this was also homecoming and the local kids like to hang out at the bottom of the fairgrounds and do whatever high school kids do so the police were keeping an eye out for the kids and did not care about us.

There is a no alcohol policy in the park but they have a very strict no harm no foul policy. In other words they don't care. There will be trash barrels along the fence so we just ask that you dump all incriminating evidence in the trash cans at night before turning in and we will empty all of the trash cans every morning.

Another thing while I am thinking about it is the Hotchkiss police. Hotchkiss is a small town and you will notice a very obvious police presence at the rally, do not get paranoid they are just bored. As a matter of fact stop them and say hello they really are friendly.

The first year we had our BMW club rally at the fairgrounds they were through about every half hour so I stopped one and talked to him the next morning. Just happens that this was also homecoming and the local kids like to hang out at the bottom of the fairgrounds and do whatever high school kids do so the police were keeping an eye out for the kids and did not care about us.

There is a no alcohol policy in the park but they have a very strict no harm no foul policy. In other words they don't care. There will be trash barrels along the fence so we just ask that you dump all incriminating evidence in the trash cans at night before turning in and we will empty all of the trash cans every morning.

Dana, don't forget, we have two special presentations planned for the rally.

The author/creator of "Sit, Stay, Ride" will be there to talk about side caring with dogs and their up coming Volume II of "Sit, Stay. Ride".

A special presentation for the Ural riders, GOBIUM of SovietSteeds fame will talk about all things Ural. Meet and talk with the man who has invented numerous tools to make working on the Ural easier.

CCjon

I won't.

For those that may be interested, Horizons Unlimited is holding their rally JULY 15-17, 2016 at
Terry A. Gross Park, Geneva Creek, just off Highway 285, at the foot of Guanella and Kenosha Passes, Pike National Forest, Grant CO

I have attended a couple of these, great rides, wonderful camaraderie, and outstanding food!

Hey Dana,

I'm going to try to ride out on Wednesday if you need any help setting up.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Thanks Dan, I will be there Wednesday also but we do not have the building until Thursday and no tents in the park until Thursday afternoon. Have to put tents in the regular camping area for Wednesday night and move them over to the park on Thursday.

Shouldn't be a lot to do on Wednesday but we can start getting the trash cans out and maybe setting up the barriers so we can fence off that parking area to the East of the park so we can keep it just for sidecar parking.

Dana

Will there be a registration form on line?

Short answer is Yes but I am not sure when.

The registration stuff is all ready to go on my end and I think they are waiting to post it online until March when the form will also be published in the magazine. They need to deal with the PayPal and such at the organization level so that is up to the organization whenever they are ready. The web guy also needs to get everything setup on the home page so I am guessing that will all be done by the end of the month.

So, spring last year I bought a rig and drove it cross country home. After that and routine inspections, and a few surprises I think it is ready. I hope to ride it to the National rally in Hotchkiss. However, my confidence in its mechanical integrity is shaken.

Is there anyone traveling from the MN/WI area that would like to travel together, or make routine contact for the trip to Hotchkiss? My original plan was to ride the interstate (I-80) through Colorado Springs. perhaps taking more than one day to make the trip. But I am open to suggestions.

Jim

2014 CB1100 Std, 2000 ST1100 with DMC Classic, 1981 CB650C

Jim,

We are towing our rig to the rally so we probably wouldn't be traveling at the same pace but we are traveling about the same route and if you get in trouble we would probably be the closest help. Give me a call and we'll see what we can work out. 612-759-4666.

After the rally anyone interested in doing some of the passes? I have a friend with a new Can Am Spyder that will not be able to some of the more challenging.
Any suggestions?

Is there anyone traveling from the MN/WI area that would like to travel together, or make routine contact for the trip to Hotchkiss? My original plan was to ride the interstate (I-80) through Colorado Springs. perhaps taking more than one day to make the trip. But I am open to suggestions.

Jim

Slabing out of Lancaster, PA on the 5th. Direct to Hwy70. Drop on down, meet for coffee, and then more "bugs in the teeth"!

Safe journey
See you down the road

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next