Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

PreviousPage 9 of 14Next

Just confirmed res. for campsite at Elkview for the Rally, now just need to get our Pre Reg. forms sent in.

USCA # 8913

Reservation made at Eklview, Registration and check for rally in the mail. See ya soon.

H All:
With Ace and Jim our preregistrations would be at 106. We are looking forward to a great rally. Harold and I found out Tuesday that the Camaro Rally is the same weekend as our rally as well as a 100 mile run (as in running on feet). We don't have any new info on the cross country scooter rally that is supposed to be in Sturgis that weekend too. That accounts for the motels being full in Sturgis. If you need a cabin or a motel room there are some options within 11miles. In Piedmont, SD there is a Ramada Inn that has been highly recommended by our campground folks. If they are full the next try would be the campgrounds in the area with cabins. The Elkview has no cabins but there are places very close that do have cabins. I just talked to Tanya at No Name City which is across I90 at exit 34. She assured me that she still has cabins. Linens and towels are provided. There is a short walk to the shower house and bathrooms. They also have RV's for rent which would have bathrooms. Check out their website nonamecity.com. I will work on other options. Stay tuned

Two more cabin options:
Katmandu Campground, at exit 34 also, has 17+ cabins. It is a quiet campground - as in no loud parties. The phones 605-347-2451 or 866-776-0758 toll free.
Days End Campground, at exit 30, has 30 cabins. the advertized price for a cabin is $44 for two and $8 for each additional person. The phone 605-347-2331.

Do a search - Sturgis campgrounds and cabins. There are other places with cabins but further away.

well I finally got off my duff and filled out the registration form and did payment with paypal
Will,, please let me know if you don't get it

USCA # 8913

Finally called and got my tent site reserved so I guess I am all set now. Can hardly wait for the rally to start.

Hi Ace:
It arrived as it is supposed to. I will email you with a note.

Hi Again:
We have 115 registered for the Monumental Rally. Remember the Pre-registration ends May 31st at midnight. If your pre-registration is time stamp after midnight Mountain time you are late and it costs $10 more for each adult. FYI - We have 4 new members that have used the $69 package to join. BUT we have a bunch of new members who have joined since we opened the pre-registration. (For some odd reason I get an email when someone joins or renews.)

We are still looking for a volunteer photographer for the rally. Anyone out there want to bring their camera and take random shots of the activities and someone else to do "portraits" of the folks on there rigs like at Mountain Home, AR. I don't want to burden any one person too much so they can't enjoy the rally.

We should be rolling in to stay at Elkview on June 22nd. Sandy just bought an associate membership. She is going to bring her trike and I will have the SC rig with Beauregard as a passenger.
See you then!
Al, Sandy and Beauregard.
(We have contacted Elkview and they know we are coming)

Helpful Rally Hints.

1. Rally preregistration will close on May 31. If you want the discount and a Tee shirt, On-line preregistration needs to be complete by then or if you are using snail mail it should be mailed NOW. Walk-in registration can be done by credit card.
2. Bringing your camp/lawn chair would be helpful. The Bluegrass concert is out doors if the weather is nice and there will be some seating but you will be more comfortable in you own chair. Same for the sidecar games. They will be held in a meadow
3. You do have Rain Gear? We have summer mountain weather. Passing Thunder Showers are a possibility.
4. Be flexible. We have mountain weather. Oh! I said that already. You may have to adjust your ride and we may have to adjust schedules and venues. We still will have a great time.
5. Questions? Check with the registration/information desk. We are locals and can help you plan rides and we have opinions on good eating places.
6. Campground prohibits glass bottles. Beverages are available at food service. You are welcome to bring your own beverages if you use cans or plastic.
7. Pets are welcome under the usual conditions. Leashes and pick up.
8. Consult the Tentative Schedule in the next post and the almost final Schedule in your rally packet when you get here.

Tentative Schedule Some changes had occurred since the schedule was printed in the Sidecarist. We said it was Tentative!
It's About the Ride
THURSDAY EVENING: 5:00 on (?) Meet and greet in Pavilion.
Registration and Information desk open. Find accommodations. Dinner on your own:
FRIDAY:
7:00am Coffee and donuts in the pavilion
Morning: 8:00 till 5:00 Registration and Information desk will be open
Self-guided and Guided rides Check for breakfast and lunch rides
Afternoon: Kick tires and tell lies at the campground.
Guided or self- guided rides in the scenic Black Hills.
Shopping opportunities. Kid activities? Tourist activities – guided or self- guided.
2:30: Sidecar expert panel Q&A
4:00: Show and Shine: Some where near the Pavilion.
Evening: Dinner on your own. Food service will be open in the pavilion or plan a dinner ride.
6:30 till 10:30 Bluegrass festival on site: (The concert is covered in registration.)
SATURDAY:
Morning: 7:00am Breakfast served at pavilion. You will receive one breakfast ticket in registration packet. Use it or save it for Sunday morning.
8:30am: Departure – Three different guided Rides to Mt. Rushmore. “The Monumental Ride”
10:30am: Photo-Op at Mt Rushmore, Gather on the top deck of the Mt Rushmore parking garage. Follow the signs to level 4. Cost $11 for parking + gas. Shopping in Keystone or ride to Hills City on a scenic back road for more shopping. Cost – Sky is the limit or is it the budget or credit card.
Guided or self- guided rides in the scenic Black Hills.
Lunch on your own. There is food service at Mt Rushmore
Afternoon:
2:00: Sidecar Games In the field near the interstate.
4:00: Board Meeting/General meeting in tent by the pavilion. Meet and greet Laura Klock and hear her report on ”Helping with Horsepower”.
4:00: Kid activities. CMA volunteers.
6:30: BBQ Dinner served in the pavilion followed by awards, 50/50 drawing and door prizes. Bluegrass festival will be continuing till at least 10:30pm
SUNDAY MORNING:
7:00am – Breakfast served in the pavilion. Use your ticket if you haven’t used it or pay on your own.
8:00am - CMA service In tent beside the pavilion.
10:00am – 12:30pm – Bluegrass gospel music concert – free will offering
POLICE THE GROUNDS BEFORE BREAKING CAMP. (Pick up the trash)

Just called out to Elk View to tell them we are coming out - and did the registration deed....man I'm getting old - I think this is the second time I planned a ride....... Can't wait to meet all of you! Any travel tips you can offer since this will be my first rally with a sidecar rig are greatly appreciated

Mike USCA 8843
93 R100R- Ural - built in winter 2015 - tuned on the road to SD.

I am curious, after we register online, do we receive any confirmation of being registered? My wife and I are registered, but this is our first national rally, so not sure of the process.

Hi Folks:
First - Will Edwards - I hope you have gotten my 2 responses by now. Yes you and your wife are pre-registered.

A big second - We are approaching the end of the pre-registration time. The good deal is over at midnight Sunday. BUT - If you are having trouble with PayPal don't fight it, call me - 605-381-8187. Just remember that Rapid City is on Mountain daylight time. I will take your information over the phone and you can snail mail the money with the registration form. Try the PayPal system first. It will shoot me a registration form that will confirm the fact that you are wanting to pre-register.

We have close to 150 registered as I type this. It is going to be a great rally. Come prepared to have a good time, lots of visiting and great scenery.

Thank you for the response, we had no problem with PayPal, so looking forward to a great time.

Took the Ural too Devils tower this afternoon, first time I have rode the bike, since my accident at work, the leg held up well, so as soon as I got home I am registered up ready too roll.

Kenny Wasserburger

Kenny Wasserburger - 5/31/2015 7:44 PM

Took the Ural too Devils tower this afternoon, first time I have rode the bike, since my accident at work, the leg held up well, so as soon as I got home I am registered up ready too roll.

Kenny Wasserburger

Glad to hear it.

Hi All:
I have had a couple of people who didn't receive a response from me after they registered. If you didn't get some sort of response email me at: jwshort@rap.midco.net. If you sent your registration by snail mail you should have gotten a card acknowledging your registration. If you were a PayPal customer I tried to reply to your registration form.
If I missed let me correct my error.

OK I'm going to say it

WOW only 2 more weeks

USCA # 8913
PreviousPage 9 of 14Next