Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

PreviousPage 2 of 14Next

That's why I haven't spotted the Orange Ural. When I see a sidecar I often chase down the owner and chat. You know Sidecar Delay Syndrome - only I create it for a change.

Call for Rally volunteers

Sidecar Games There is a large grassy area on the Rally grounds.

Door Prizes There are local people working the local businesses. Other door prizes
are always welcome.

Registration Data entry for walk-ins, Cashier, general helpers
Thursday 6-9:00pm -- Friday 8-12:00am --Saturday maybe

Tour Leaders You don't need to be a local if you can read a map. I would like to have
several so we can travel in small groups.
We have one Ural guy and Ural tours already plsnned

Coffee and Lunch Stuff Doris Short with 17 years in college food service will be in
charge but will need some help. Coffee opens at 7:00am and runs till the
doughnuts run out, Ice tea goes forever.

Photographer 1 photographer for Sidecarist pictures and
1 photographer to take formal pictures.
Rally will furnish materials and printers if necessary.

Clean-up Help us leave our camp area cleaner then when we arrived.

I know it might be early but if you are interested in helping to make the Monumental Rally
a success, Respond to this tread and I will keep a record going. You may respond as
Leaders, Followers, or Complete Committees

Need to bump this thread back to the top since it would appear it is hard to find.

Making plans to attend, can't wait to get back to the Black Hills, my favorite place in World to ride.

I am the Ural guy,

have some great ideas for several rides that can be short, or a full day of Hills fun.

No mater what I will be out on the roads for all of the rally anyone that wishes to come with is wellcome and most of the rides can have the Gravel part removed quite easy and More Pavement in them.

Kenny W.

Dirty,

It's the first thread on this forum.

Only as long as the last post in this forum is in this thread. Somebody was commenting in another thread that they could not find any information on the 2015 rally only the 2016 so I bumped this to the top.
Dana

The thread has been made "sticky"

That should make it easy enough to find.

Are there any local RV rentals that will set up a trailer at the campground. Want to ride up there but not camp out --- ground is way too far down!!!!

Art,

The Best Western in Sturgis is 6.1 miles [8 minutes] away. Not only off the ground but airconditioned and has both running water and cable TV 😉

Hi Art:
Yes there is an RV sales company that does what you are interested in for the Sturgis rally. Go to http://www.jackcampers.com. (Sorry - I couldn't make it link.) But there are motels in Sturgis and Black Hawk. The Ramkota in Black Hawk is - I believe at Exit 48 putting it at 11 miles SE of the rally site. Sturgis - with a wide variety of motels is 5 miles to the nearest exit and 7 miles to an exit with several motels of familiar names.

These are options that are readily available. There is also a few campground that are close by with cabins. Goggle campgrounds Sturgis and you will get a mess of options.

Will Short
Rally Chair

Thanks will -- I'll check it out

Another Ural owner here, not very active on this forum, but was checking out the postings about the Sidecar Rally in Sturgis next year.

I normally take my vacation for the Sturgis Rally in August, but have been considering the USCA Sidecar Rally this time.

I have actually camped at Elkview, sometime back around 2005 or so.

I have attended and ridden in the Black Hills for 19 years...so I also know my way around up there.

I will have until January to set my vacation plans, after that, there is no turning back! I would like to know if there is a rough estimate of the number of members attending and if its expected to be a large group, maybe in the hundreds, or a small group, a few dozen or so.

I would be camping at Elkview...I sure dont want to be all alone with 3 other bikes there!

😉

The plan is around 200 when setting things up for the rally. I always tent but there are more hotelers and RVs than tents however you will not be alone in the campground. U.S.C.A. national is always a good time if you like sidecars and there should be a pretty good showing of the Colorado Ural contingent also so you will not be alone there either. I will be leaving the Ural at home and riding my R1150GS rig but that is mainly because I am planning on heading out a week or so early and taking a ride up the Lake Michigan coast probably and across through the Badlands of North Dakota and then dropping down to Sturgis. If you have fun at this one remember the 2016 rally is in Western Colorado.

Here are some pictures from a few of the previous rallies if yow want an idea of what they look like.
http://dirtydr.smugmug.com/USCA-Nationals

Thanks Dana for pitching our rally. We would be tickled pink to have 200 there. The tenting areas are pretty close to the RV areas so you wouldn't be real lonely but I'm sure we will have many more tenters. We have several who are already making plans to RV. We have had several who have asked about motels. Beside Harold and I (Rally Chair and Co-Chair) who will be RV-ing we have at least three other RV-ers who sound pretty committed. I think that the 8 or so who have contacted us and said they are coming is pretty good considering that we have 7 months until the rally.
All that said - we are excited to have all of you come and share our great riding in the Black Hills as well as the great scenery and sites. The plans are gelling nicely and we have much planned. Keep watching this forum for the details as they develop. There will be at least 3 articles in the Sidecarist in the next three issues. We are still needing volunteers Brian. If you have a specialty we can use you. We have a volunteer to coordinate ride but if you have ridden the Hills and our coordinator can't go on every ride (But he would like to try - right Kenny).

Will Short
Rally Chair

Hey Will,
No problem on the plug, I am trying to sell it everywhere I can. I would expect you will get at least a dozen rigs camping from the Colorado folks and I know we will be plugging it at our annual Ural get together in Moab in April and we have been getting around 25 rigs there the last couple of years.

Riding up from Tucson. leave on the 17th Vail to Holbrook, Bloomfield, LaJunta,Sidney,Hot Spring,Sturgis, Sheridan,Larmie, Glenwood Springs,Cortez,Holbrook, and back to Vail. If you would like ride along let me know.

KLR with sidecar

Kenny Wasserburger is a Ural rider from Gillette, WY. We have recently made contact and he is active in the Ural rider circles. He will be coordinating our rides for the rally. He would like to have the Ural riders know that this rally is open to Urals too. We would be thrilled to meet the Ural crew too.
Joe; Welcome aboard. It looks like your itinerary will include the Monumental Rally. Or am I jumping to conclusions?

I am sure it is in here somewhere... but, it's easier to ask.. What is the pet (dog) policy for the rally/ campground area? Thanks
gp 🙂

PreviousPage 2 of 14Next