Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

PreviousPage 11 of 14Next

The wife and I are leaving early Thursday Morning is about 400 miles away. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends.

Little bit of sad news from South Texas --- I was idling the rig as we were ready to mount, the engine died --- something appears to be wrong with tranny and/or Mamba reverse -- anyway, it would take more than a day to fix and we would start counting Tuesday as all shops are closed today. So the rig ain't going but we is ---- heading out in the SUV in a few .... I have recorded the Harley and will play on stereo as we ride in the hills 🙂

I just sent a private message to Will Short to see if I can attend the rally and pay on site for dues and rally fees. That weekend has opened up for me and I'm only about 500 miles away in Southern Minnesota. I would leave on Thursday after work and make partway there. Roll in late Friday morning.
Mike Anderson from Southern Minnesota
2005 BMW R1200GS/Dnepr sidecar

USCA Member and Minnesota State Representative

Art, I'm sorry to hear of the breakdown. I recall seeing your online registration.
Mike, Ya, youbetcha, come on out. I know Will is prepared for some walkins.

Don is 100% correct. We are ready for walk-ons. The more the merrier. The camping space is hardly tested yet. If you need a Motel you might have a problem - but there are cabins not far away (Exit 34). WELCOME!!

Well Gang I have the pickup loaded and hooked to the popup and the wife and I will be heading out in the morning. I don't have a sidecar (yet) but wanted to ride with everyone so I loaded up the old trusty 1978 Yamaha SR500 in the back of the pickup. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning about sidecars. See you tomorrow afternoon. John

I am very sad to report that my beloved Valkyrie/Hannigan super sport , after a valiant effort, broke down at a campground in the mountains outside of Idaho Springs, CO. It seems that something went wrong with either the starter or the gear reduction unit attached to it. Being three miles up out of the way with little time to spare I have decided to fly home to NY, then drive back with my trailer to bring the stalwart but ailing Valk home for repairs. My meeting with so many sidecar enthusiasts will have to wait for a better day. I know that Dave Keesee will be there. Please send him my regards, also to you, Will. I apologize for this late note but there was absolutely no communication possible at the campground. I am writing this note at the Denver International Airport waiting for my (now delayed) flight. Regards to everyone,
Leon Hilfstein

Sorry about that Leon. We are here at the Campground with enough of our closest friends to have a good rally. It is raining and The rally doesn't start till this evening. The rain will quit, more will come , the sun will shine for the weekend and we will miss you. What do you want us to do with your rally fee and did you order a Tee Shirt. We have told others that we will ship the Tees to them after the Rally. Harold

After last weeks attempt in the hills riding, and just getting home from physical therapy, I am still not up to a soaking and getting me and camper too the rally, please keep the fees and one day soon, will met up with you guys and pick up that cool tee shirt. Just too much to deal with after this injury.

Kenny Wasserburger

Please keep the fees. I would have gladly been there but for a possible broken starter or damaged statrer reduction unit (or maybe worse) while staying well up on a mountain near beautiful Mount Evans in CO. I don't remember if I ordered a shirt. right now I've returned to New York and will begin the trek back to retrieve the hack right after completing an oil change and securing my trailer. I will miss my very first rally but plan on future riding.

Weather has turned beautiful here in Sturgis, Today was the shine and judge show, Counted over 50 rigs lined up. This is just the start of the first row, there were three rows of rigs to drool over. As a Past President once said, I had lust in my heart.

Like their individual owners, there were no two the same.

Attached files

wow cool pics. the weather up there looks very nice. wish we could be there enjoying the rally too. keep the pictures coming. johnny pearce in hot as hell texas

Made it back with only a few drops of rain a couple of miles from home. It was a great time riding in the hills, but as every year there were a few spots of chip seal being laid down. But, that is why the roads are always in such great condition. the campground was better than I had envisioned. It was made superb by the (I'm tempted to say incessant) rains that have made every mile of the prairie lush green. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone's sidecar rig creations and meeting the people I have received help from here on the forum.
I want to specially say that "Blue Tape Rules!". My helmet visor latch broke and a liberal application of universal "fixit" material kept it in place all the way home.
jim

Attached files

2014 CB1100 Std, 2000 ST1100 with DMC Classic, 1981 CB650C

This was my first USCA rally and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The campground was very nice with good facilities and the local riding was awesome! Thanks very much to all the hard work that the crew that organized this rally put into it! It really showed!
Mike from Minnesota

USCA Member and Minnesota State Representative

Our thanks to Will,Harold and their wifes who did all the work. Best national We have had in several years. Thanks to all you off-center people that turned out for my games and especially the impromtu dog show. Thanks Will for sort of allowing me to run free with awards.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep

Great rally. My grandson and I had a lot of fun meeting other riders who think outside the box. The rides were amazing as well. My grandson, Gabe is already talking about going to next year's rally.

It was a wonderful time in Sturgis, thanks all who worked to put it on. You can all harvest the fruits of our labors next year.

A great sunrise over the pond.

Camp in the beginning.

Camp quickly grew as the days passed.

Rally Attenders:
Leon Hilfstien broke down and didn't make it to the rally. We had a registration packet made up for him with a t-shirt. He wants his t-shirt. Did some kind, thoughtful soul pick up Leon's packet for him? If so I need to know. Thanks!
-----

Returned home today from the rally. Both Ginger and I had a great time. Our thanks to all who were involved in putting together a fantastic rally.

We had such a good time we decided to stay and camp an extra night, leaving for home early Monday morning. The down side with that idea was getting blown out of bed at 3:00 am Monday morning when a tremendous thunderstorm rolled through the campground. Vivid lightning, booming thunder, incredible wind, and very heavy rain. The upside was seeing a double rainbow over the hills as the storm moved out early in the morning.

Attached files

Hello everyone, this is the guy with the KLR sidecar from Arizona. I made it home ok and will start looking for what went wrong this weekend. I would like to thank our host and the Flying Ural, the KLR kid, Arlen Ness Goldwing with the fuzzy dog and the Rocket III with the hot rod sidecar. Thanks for all of your help after my break down.

PreviousPage 11 of 14Next