Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

Page 1 of 14Next

“2015 Monumental USCA National Rally”

When: June 25-26-27, 2015 This is the beginning of the Black Hills tourist season so the summer rates will not be at their peak. The weather will be cool and moderate. (Disclaimer: This is a Mountain Climate region, anything can happen.)

Where: Elkview Campground 5 miles east of Sturgis, South Dakota. The camp ground is just off exit #37 off Interstate 90. This campground can accommodate 2000 plus campers with shaded tent camping to full service RV sites. There is a laundry and plenty of showers. There is a large pavilion with food service and additional tents for just hanging out.. Reservation can be made by phone after April 1. Call 877 478 5162

What?? We will be sharing the facility with a Blue Grass Music event. Your USCA rally wrist band will allow attendance to any of their concerts. We have left the Friday evening schdule open. The concert begins at 6:30pm with 6 groups and ends when they get tired.

Rally Name: “The Monumental Rally”. This is in keeping with Mt Rushmore and the South Dakota state slogan “Great Faces and Great Places”.

The Rally Theme: “It's about the Ride” There will be guided and self guided rides through some of the best scenery and unique roads in middle America. Think-- switch backs. pigtail bridges and tunnels. We encourage you to come early or stay longer as there is more to do in the Black Hills then can be done in three days.

keep Watch: As Details develop, we will be adding to this thread.

Share the news: Share this information with our non-internet members and friends.

Call for Rally volunteers. We already have a few volunteers!!!!

Sidecar Games---We have the famous JR. He says there will be games for every one.

Door Prizes--- There are local people working the local businesses. Other door prizes
are always welcome. We Have a large number of "SMALLS" Don't know of any "BIGS" Bring what you have. It would be great to have something for every one.

50/50 pot-- You have guessed it----Avenell---- has offered to manage it. The proceeds will go to a group of disadvantaged girl that build sidecars. Read the article in March April Sidecarist. Google KlockWorks.

Registration---Al has offered guidance- Data entry for walk-ins, Cashier, general helpers
Thursday 6-9:00pm -- Friday 8-12:00am --Saturday maybe

Tour Leaders---You don't need to be a local if you can read a map. I would like to have
several so we can travel in small groups.
We have two Ural guys that have offered to lead Ural tours. We have seen interest from Ural groups.

Coffee and Lunch Stuff-- Doris Short with 17 years in college food service will be in
charge but will need some help. Coffee opens at 7:00am and runs till the
doughnuts run out, Ice tea goes forever.

Photographer-- 1 photographer for Sidecarist pictures and
1 photographer to take formal pictures. We have arrange for a photo-op in front of Mt. Rushmore. Now we need a good Photographer.
Rally will furnish materials and printers if necessary.

Clean-up-- Help us leave our camp area cleaner then when we arrived.

I know it might be early but if you are interested in helping to make the Monumental Rally
a success, Respond to this tread and I will keep a record going. You may respond as
Leaders, Followers, or Complete Committees

PS. If you wish to follow this thread? Click on actions in the lower right corner of this page. Waaaayyyy Down at the bottom of the page.

The action you need to take is "Toggle email notification" and click the box to receive email notifications.

Thanks, Will. I didn't realize how far down on the page I had to go to get to "the toggle".
g

It appears that you guys on the inside have to dig deep to find the "actions". For us outsiders it is only one action and it is right below "reply" and " new thread". In any case there will be additions as the whim strikes or real information arises. Comments and questions are welcome. Harold in the Hills

Looking forward to the rally, Thanks,

Marty

Hi Marty:
We look forward to meeting you. We are excited to share our great riding roads with all of the USCA folks.

Should be a good rally, I have been spreading the news.

Dana

Thanks Dana!! We appreciate the help.

Any hotel suggestions for the non-campers?

Mary Jo This is a tourist area that can accommodate thousands at a time. Our Rally will only be a little bump in the beginning of the tourist season. If we entered a list. there would be no way to end the list. Google "Sturgis motels" and you will get enough hits to keep you busy for some time. Sturgis is 5 miles from the Elkview camp ground and has a complete line of national chain motels as well as some Mom and Pops motels. There is a cabin complex just across the interstate from the Elkview called Rushnomore. We will talk with them about a deal. Let you know later Harold in the Hills

At this point there is no "official motel" but I've got reservations at...

Best Western Sturgis Inn
2431 Junction Ave
Sturgis, SD 57785

It's about 6 miles from Elkview Campground and the closest "regular" motel as far as I can tell.

There are LOTS of choices in the area, from minimal low budget places to some really expensive ones. We are going to be there during the "off season rates" [read NOT during the Black Hills Motor Classic] so most places are at least reasonable.

Elkview campground and other Accommodations.

Check out the Elkview Campground web site http://www.elkviewcampground.com
this will give you an idea of the amenities that are available at the Elkview. They no longer show rates or take reservations on the website because of the difference between the regular season and the Rally season.

They will begin taking phone reservations for our event after April 1. They don't require a deposit and if you arrive early or want to stay a little longer that will just okay. I will remind you some time near April 1 that reservations are open.

RV rates for full service (Water, Electricity and sewer) is $25 per day for 2 people. $6 a day for each extra person.

Tent camping is $8 per person per night. There are some sites that have electricity for an extra charge but they are close to the interstate.

Check this web site http://www.rushnomore.com . We were disappointed when we checked with them and found that they are hosting a family reunion that weekend. They have a few cabins left so if you are interested call them quickly.

Google “Sturgis Motels” and you will find 5 or 6 motels in Sturgis and 20 or more in the the surrounding towns. Don't accept the prices that are shown on the web sites because the are still showing tourist rates. Next June should be more reasonable.

I am messing around,experimenting, with entering pictures on the forum. the following are pictures taken at the Elkveiw Campground. They unedited and un labeled until I learn how to do that. This is frustrating, Between using a shared internet connection in an RV campground and using a Web mail address it takes forever to down load files. I also tried to download 2 pictures and I got one picture twice. The picture that you do see is of the RV sites and down by the trees is one of the tenting areas. This is the preferred tenting area because it will get the sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon. The bathroom/shower house is just off the picture to the right.

Attached files

HHShort - 8/25/2014 10:57 AM

Mary Jo This is a tourist area that can accommodate thousands at a time. Our Rally will only be a little bump in the beginning of the tourist season. If we entered a list. there would be no way to end the list. Google "Sturgis motels" and you will get enough hits to keep you busy for some time. Sturgis is 5 miles from the Elkview camp ground and has a complete line of national chain motels as well as some Mom and Pops motels. There is a cabin complex just across the interstate from the Elkview called Rushnomore. We will talk with them about a deal. Let you know later Harold in the Hills

Thank you. 🙂

Please take a look at the Thread "The Great Yellowstone Raid" under Other Events and Rallys. http://sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12661&posts=1&start=1

We're going on a little ride before the 2015 Monumental Rally.

You had to make it this year, Have plans to attend the Sturgis rally this year with all the kids. Just can't make two trips in one year!

Have joined and am already making plans too attend too close to not do it.
KW

Welcome Kenny:
I thought you must be new. I didn't remember seeing your name on my list of members. I saw that you ride the Iron Mountain Road on your orange Ural so you must live in or near the Black Hills. We are planning a very full and fun rally. Hope to meet you then or sooner.

I live in Gillette,

Ride the area, a lot, great ride, do Devils tower often.

Kenny

Page 1 of 14Next