Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2012 Rally

Is this the right place for comments on the rally in Coeur d'Alene? If not, where?

There's a couple other threads but now there's this one- comment away!

My wife and I attended the rally. It was quite enjoyable. We renewed our acquaintance with some old friends. The Saturday night meal was very good. Next time, we'll bring our folding chairs.

As I said before, Coeur d'Alene was great and the staff and volunteers did a fine job. That being said, perhaps a three things might be considered for future gatherings. 1. A message board. 2. Rider[s] and bike photos taken at check-in. 3. A list of attendees and contacts made available to participants after-the-fact.

Obviously, it's additional work, but once put in place it might be 'easier' to institute at future rallies. Just say'n...

Spuddy - 9/23/2012 1:51 PM

As I said before, Coeur d'Alene was great and the staff and volunteers did a fine job. That being said, perhaps a three things might be considered for future gatherings. 1. A message board. 2. Rider[s] and bike photos taken at check-in. 3. A list of attendees and contacts made available to participants after-the-fact....

Hi Spuddy, we're working on the 2013 rally in Mountain View, Arkansas.

Please explain how a message board works -- I'm presuming this helps folks find each other, etc.

Rider photos might be possible -- depends on volunteers.

I'm not sure about a list of participants and contacts considering privacy issues and such. Maybe we could ask folks if they want their info included in such a list and if so, what info (address and/or phone and/or email and/or forum handle?). Hmm....

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

LEE:
An effective Message Board would be just a big cork board [or two] on a stand or tripod. As far as privacy goes... the fact one attends seems to answer the photo question and an identifier could be a number or name-card held by the member[s] attending. Just a thought...

Good deal Spuddy, we'll try to work the suggestions into the plans.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

H. Rally host are always looking for volunteers for jobs such as you suggest. I was at a rally in Saltillo Mx. where they took your picture as you registered. Couple of hours later you got your Id. with all your info on it plus your picture. Anyone having that equipment would be welcome to step up and volunteer. At ne rally,Butch Turner took pictures and put them on key rings. Hope to see you at Mountain view. J.R. Tex state rep