USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2012 national rally

So does the link work now???

Yes! thanks,

GTRider

I'm not sure how far in North in Northern Utah you are but I expect the 2012 rally to be in Idaho. Maybe I'll see you there. Thank You for the kind words, it always adds a little sunshine to my day.

Kewl! Idaho is just a stone's throw away and lots of great places to ride and camp there! I normally hit 3-4 MC events of varying types in Idaho every year and the USCA rally would be a great addition.
Looking forward to it,

🙂

GTRider

I seem to have jumped the gun a bit. Seems as 2012 belongs to N.W. Avanell just turned 80 yesterday and she told me not to commit to anything as far away as 2013. I am going to wait and see when Claude plans on Rondevoo 2011. National is end of July. Thyis leaves me open for a Texas rally early. I am commited to 2nd and 3rd weekends of April and 3rd and 4th weekends in Oct. Probably be in Fl. for Yall come in Mar. This gives me quite a bit of wiggle room. J.R.

J.R., I was thinking earlier this year a spring sidecar gathering in the Texas Hill Country would be great, but it's just too far away from anywhere outside of Texas. Leakey is 500+ miles from us just, and we're just over the state line in Northwest Louisiana.

However, J.R., the Rusk Depot Campground at the Texas State Railroad near Rusk in Northeast Texas might be a good choice for spring gathering. See more info here: http://www.texasstaterr.com/parks.php. There are no cabins/motel/rooms on site, but it appears there are 2 motels + 1 hotel within 4 miles.

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

If we ever wanted to have a "centrally located" rally, apparently the "center" of the US is in Lebanon, KS. It's just about in the "east-west" center of Kansas right up by the Nebraska border. Unfortunately, when you start to look up Lebanon, KS you find it is the subject of a project to "document the decline of small towns". So, maybe not the best choice. 'Just the wanderings of an unoccupied mind.

J.R. - 8/25/2010 3:16 PM

I seem to have jumped the gun a bit. Seems as 2012 belongs to N.W. Avanell just turned 80 yesterday and she told me not to commit to anything as far away as 2013. I am going to wait and see when Claude plans on Rondevoo 2011. National is end of July. Thyis leaves me open for a Texas rally early. I am commited to 2nd and 3rd weekends of April and 3rd and 4th weekends in Oct. Probably be in Fl. for Yall come in Mar. This gives me quite a bit of wiggle room. J.R.

J.R.,
Thanks for the considerate thoughts. Your type of planning is important for the whole sidecar community. There are only so many dates to go around and whenever a conflict with another popular event takes place, sidecar specific or not, it hurts everyone.
Right now it looks like the 2011 RON DEE VOO will be in August sometime. Not sure of actual dates just yet. Location will be in W.Va. if all goes as planned. The actual dates is not within my control thsi time....hope it works out for everyone. Excellent rally site though....stay tuned.

We're looking at doing the NW Regional in June, 2011. Still in the planning stages, still working on pinning down a location but somewhere in the Grand Coulee area...

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom