USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1.45 x 10" sidecar tire replacement

I'm struggling to find 1.45 x 10" sidecar tire replacement for my '75 Watsonian sidecar. The tire needing replacement is a Michelin, but they don't carry this size anymore. Does anyone know where I can find this atypical tire size? Thanks!

Have you tried cokertire.com? They have a lot of oddball stuff. If your hub/axle is somewhat standard, perhaps you can upsize your wheel.

A 1.45 x 10 ? Sorry, you sound like a troll. Do you have a picture of this alleged tire?

Because, readers, a 1.45 tire would be a width found on a bicycle, and not a "fat tire" bicycle either. And a 10 inch diameter? Really, post a picture if you would have us believe this.

Maybe, just maybe, I might believe you if you said it was a 145x10. But not a 1.45x10.

You're likely right that it's a 145. I'll post a few older pics now and get a photo of the sidewall next week. Thanks.

Attached files

Thanks. This might be it. https://www.cokertire.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=145+x+10

If you want a 145R10, there are a half dozen eBay sellers that ship various European tires that fit old Mini-Coopers.

Or you could buy that steel-belted radial from Camac that sells for $70 shipped on eBay.

But I think I'd go for the Vredestein Sprint Classic. Costs a little more ($92 from Performance Plus Tires) [LINK] but it's a nice looking hunk of rubber.

Bear in mind that a 145R10 is the same size as a 145HR10 or 145SR10 or a 145/80-R10.

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate the guidance and the link. Problem solved.

The last time I needed a 145R10 I got it from Coker or Lucas but that was 2 sidecar and 23+ years ago. It was a Michelin. I bet it was a low volumn product that Michelin got tire of making. There is a 3rd company out there that stocks oddball European tires - Is it Universal. Google it.

Back when I had the Watsonian Palma I always had one spare just in case. After a while we converted it to run a 12" wheel due to the tires being more available. This can be done with some effort.

Great idea to order two.