Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

06 Suzuki Boulevard C50

Any suggestions on a subframe for an 06 Suzuki Boulevard C50? She is going to carry a Motorvation Formula II. I know small engine big sidecar but visually they should look good together. Besides I already own them and I need one rig that can carry my wife and 65 pound dog.

Any suggedtions or ideas appreciated.

I can't say for sure but I would bet that they have subframes at Motorvation. They put their sidecars on just about everything.

Thanks, but I always build my own subframes. I have a good idea how I will go about mounting the sidecar but I am always looking for suggestions from those who are wiser and more experienced than I.

Ok! At the risk of insulting your intelligence and experience - here goes. The 2 lower mounts need to be at the same distance from the floor and tied front to back with a member that reaches from the front lower motor mount to the rear lower mount. This member should be tied somehow through to the left side of the frame. The upper mounts could clamp across what ever front and rear downtubes you have. Since I don't have a picture in my head of what your frame looks like this is the place to start. The more specific stuff I will leave up to to those who have done it before on G50's or similar bikes

Mr. Short, thanks for the info. If my comment about "building my own subframes" was inappropriate I apologize. I have a good background in mechanics and mechanical design and most of my knowledge of sidecars has come from this website. I check this site daily to see what else I can learn. You have some very knowledgeable and experienced contributors.

Honestly, I do wish I was able to have the "perfect" sidecar built for me but that is not financially possible. So, I will continue to build and experiment and perhaps I will someday build my own perfect rig. Again, Thanks for the info. Charlie

Hi Charlie:
What I gave you is only a place to start. There is much material available to finish your build and there may be someone on the forum who has done what you are trying to do an has pictures. My experience is limited to 3 BMW's. The one that would com close to your set-up was the one that had the Motorvation Formula attached to the K1100. It is now in North Carolina. The one where I made all my mistakes was the R90/Watsonian GP rig. I built my own subframe and didn't pay attention to the distance to the floor on my lower mounts and every time I adjusted the lean I changed the toe-in. That is why I made that point and I learned about my mistake at the rally we ran in the Black Hills 2 summers ago. We had 2 experienced assemblers do a workshop for us and that is when I learned of my mistake. If you go to the part of the forum where all our education materials are archived you will find more info on set-up. There are several sidecarists who came to our rally from TX but I don't recall where in TX. Realizing how big your state is they could be a 2 day ride away from Monahans. I say that to say that being able to see a rig and study the attachments is a valuable thing.

A nice thread on ADVRider if you have not read it. http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/sidecar-design-formula-important.468196/