Skip to content

Classifieds

This menu bar applies ONLY to the “Classifieds” forum
To go to other forums use the “Forums” menu on the home page

Please to create posts and topics.

2 person convertible sidecar wanted...

Hey everyone,

I have a 1984 K100 BMW. I have two boys 7 & 10. I want to get a two person sidecar for my bike that can be sealed for bad weather hitting during a ride.

I am in Modesto California and want to get some direction on where to look for an economical solution. Would it be cheaper to get a bike with one already attached or what do you suggest.

Thank you for your time,

Respond to my post, message me, text or call me:
(209) 232-0043

Thanks!

As you asked for suggestions, The best bang for your buck in the used market is likely to be a California Friendship 3. Keep in mind that you will also need proper mounts for your bike which does not have a lower frame (we offer these mounts). The least expensive 2 seat sidecar we offer is the Kenna double which we can make a top for, no one has ever ordered one so we have not developed it.
On your bike however if your boys can fit is a wider single seat sidecar that might work out better in the long run for your bike as your bike has a fairly short wheel base and side by side two seat sidecars end up making the track width quite wide. Feel free to contact me should you find a used sidecar you are interested in before you go to look at it. I can let you know if it will work with your bike and what if any additional parts may be needed. The other option which is often less money is to buy a rig already assembled.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I have a Motorvation Formula 11 that I just listed here for sale. It would work well on your K-bike, with mounts from DMC of course.

Finally, the finished project. I am very pleased with the ride and handling of this rig! It tracks straight, is easy to steer, and the anti sway bar makes it a very stable ride on rougher roads.

See my ad in "Sidecars for sale" for more info.

I just posted a California Friendship 3 attached to a Honda Goldwing in the complete rigs for sale section if you decide to go in that direction. There is a pic as well.

Is this one still for sale??

Pfestus1 - 4/21/2016 8:53 PM

I have a Motorvation Formula 11 that I just listed here for sale. It would work well on your K-bike, with mounts from DMC of course.

Finally, the finished project. I am very pleased with the ride and handling of this rig! It tracks straight, is easy to steer, and the anti sway bar makes it a very stable ride on rougher roads.

See my ad in "Sidecars for sale" for more info.

RN MEDIC,

I sold that Motovation some time ago. I thought I deleted the ad. I still have the R100RS but I have taken the fairing off and put a Dnepr sidecar on it. Love it.
Good luck. I did reply to your private message.