Skip to content

Classifieds

This menu bar applies ONLY to the “Classifieds” forum
To go to other forums use the “Forums” menu on the home page

Please to create posts and topics.

1997 Harley Softail Custom(FXSTC) w/ Motorvation Spyder

*** RIG DID NOT SELL LAST SEASON. SPRING HAS SPRUNG, SO RE-POSTING WITH A PRICE REDUCTION: $8500.00***

Here's a copy/paste from my Craigslist Ad:
I thought long and hard when considering a perfect matched sidecar for my FXSTC. The FXSTC is a classic looking, old school motorcycle. So is the Motorvation sidecar! They go perfect together. I bought the FXSTC in 2013 from the original owner and had the sidecar professionally repainted (black) and professionally installed in 2016. The sidecar was purchased in 2014 and pretty much everything outside the tub was replaced- new swing arm/axle, wheel, tire, and fender were replaced. After getting the FXSTC, I replaced the stock, solid aluminum wheel for a more classic looking wire spoke wheel. I also replaced the stock seat for a more retro look to the bike. Bike is in very good condition. See attached pictures.

The bike/sidecar runs/rides as it should. The FXSTC is carbureted, not fuel injected. It is black with purple ghost flames. Engine/primary fluid changed this spring. New tires and battery (this spring). Tires have very little mileage on them as I currently ride it every couple of weeks to avoid stagnant-related issues. Sidecar rigs are a blast! Medical issue is driving my decision to sell. Price is $9500.00. No low-ballers, tire kickers, or scammers. Serious inquiries only please. Thanks for looking!

Attached files

Mr.M. Please add the location of your rig for sale. Ads in sidecar.com are free [for now] but we require that you state a price [you did], a location [you didn't] and any special terms [you might not have any].

Thanks, Admin

Posted by: Al Olme

Mr.M. Please add the location of your rig for sale. Ads in sidecar.com are free [for now] but we require that you state a price [you did], a location [you didn't] and any special terms [you might not have any].

Thanks, Admin

Yes, that would help! 🙂 The rig is located in Massachusetts, north of Boston. Also, the price has been lowered to $8900.00.

Really hoping to sell this by the end of the season. Any offers? I may even consider separating the two, but would rather sell them as a unit.

Re-posting for spring!

Still for sale! Would be willing to sell,the sidecar separately!

That is a beautiful rig, at (what I consider) a very fair price.  Many folks selling H-Ds with side cars think they should get $10K more than the package is worth.  I just spent my fun money for a dual sport rig or I would be real interested.  GLWS.

Bud...

Thank you. I have been surprised at the lack of interest, given my advertising it on different sites. I do know it's a niche market though.

Dave, what is the mileage and it looks like there are no lights on the sidecar.  Do you know if lights are available?

Loon, the bike has about 31k miles on the clock. I don't know the mileage on the sidecar. A bit after purchasing the Spyder, I had just about everything replaced on it. I have put very few miles on the rig since I've had it. It is still in "winter" storage in my garage. As far as the lighting goes, I I do believe that you would be able to purchase it directly through Motorvation in Sibley. Gary was my contact person.

thanks for the information Dave.

Looking for some advice here. The bike/sidecar have not sold. I am considering separating the two and selling them separately. I'm curious as to what I might expect to get for the Motorvation Spyder?

I’m interested. Would you call me at 262-729-0101 to discuss?

Hi,

I'm interested, also, but have some questions. As noted earlier, there's no lighting on the sidecar. Does the sidecar have brakes?

What mods were made to the bike to accept the sidecar or improve the performance/handling of the overall rig? Steering/front forks changed or are they stock? How difficult is the steering?

Thanks, Pat Murphy

Thanks for the interest, but the motorvation has been sold.

Thanks, but if you don't mind answering a few questions to help me with my sidecar project. I currently have a 2018 Softail Deluxe. The trail on the bike is ~5.7 or ~144mm. From the info I've read, that amount of trail would make the  motorcycle/sidecar steering "heavy, but stable". In addition, some people recommend beefing up the front fork shocks to handle the changes made by adding the sidecar. One can't tell by pictures, but it appears that your motorcycle front forks/shocks were stock and not modified. If not modified, how did the rig handle for you? As mentioned in my previous email, it looked like there were no brakes on the sidecar. If so, how did the rig stop/handle w/o them? Thanks in advance for you help. Best wishes, Pat Murphy